• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mooney

It’s very weird, that ex teammates of Mooney would target him that much. Wonder what circumstances he left in.. regardless - hope he recovers swiftly. He’s not really had the expected impact for us, doesn’t seem to have found his rhythm but there’s definitely a player there.

Isn‘t that exactly what Yeovil did to Murphy last season and he has still not recovered.

When I managed a dynamic team years ago the command was "mark him out of the game " not "cripple the player so he can't work for months " Perhaps the Northern. Monkeys were too thick to know the difference.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm at the fact that he was made to do this and it took a good few moments for someone (Cav) to go and help get Mooney off the pitch. He shouldn't have been made to walk on it - what happened to the days of two people giving someone a carry off?
i was not at the game ....

are you telling me our "physio" team let him walk on a broken leg ?

Whether you think the team plays better without him is irrelevant you dumb
b
**** (sorry mods ,but this fool is irritating) Mooneys career being on a knifes edge is nothing to be cynical about .
He's a WUM

Stop responding

i was not at the game ....

are you telling me our "physio" team let him walk on a broken leg ?
He was helped off the pitch by the Physio and Miley and then stretchered from behind the South Stand Goal by the St John's Ambulance guys. I doubt the physio could have known what the injury was, and we still don't until its scanned.

He was helped off the pitch by the Physio and Miley and then stretchered from behind the South Stand Goal by the St John's Ambulance guys. I doubt the physio could have known what the injury was, and we still don't until its scanned.

Yeah ... so the on pitch assessment was inadequate .. ??

the stretcher was not brought onto the pitch ?

sounds like amateur hour ..

Yeah ... so the on pitch assessment was inadequate .. ??

the stretcher was not brought onto the pitch ?

sounds like amateur hour ..
I'm not a physio, nor was I on the pitch, so it's very difficult to say what our physio was thinking. He's a long time experienced bloke so how it played out was how he called it. Mooney went down on the edge of the south bank penalty box so maybe they tried to walk him to see the reaction.

presumably he is responsible for whatever happens ?

Is it true they dropped the stretcher ??

It’s very weird, that ex teammates of Mooney would target him that much. Wonder what circumstances he left in.. regardless - hope he recovers swiftly. He’s not really had the expected impact for us, doesn’t seem to have found his rhythm but there’s definitely a player there.
Didn’t Yeovil do the same assault on Murphy last season ?

He's not a physio. His qualification (i.e. degree) is the same level and is probably more relevant to the job, but he can't call himself a physio.

Oh - so not qualified as said by RHB ? Or better ?

A trained physio can do those basic checks to see if things are busted

I don’t know the full outcome of the injury but I have been informed by the doctor present that once he went down the tunnel and into the treatment room he was in good form a and wanted to go back out

yeah - the body is amazing ... but sportsmen have to be protected from themselves - not just with concussion but other apparently simple knocks that can be broken legs. The player going "I am fine let me carry on" means zilch.

Back