• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mooney

Suspected break of a tib or fib. (Forgotten which I was told!). No confirmation yet though. Hopefully neither.
I wouldn't be surprised. Looked and sounded from where I was like a stereotypical impact break. The sort of coming together which would have sent a shock up Moons' leg. I turned to my brother at the time and said "broken leg". I said the same when Harry Lennon broke his leg first time around against Walsall a few years back. This one felt similar.

I wouldn't be surprised. Looked and sounded from where I was like a stereotypical impact break. The sort of coming together which would have sent a shock up Moons' leg. I turned to my brother at the time and said "broken leg". I said the same when Harry Lennon broke his leg first time around against Walsall a few years back. This one felt similar.
Sadly agree happened in front of me and thought exactly the same! Hope I'm wrong!

These so called Altrincham players that brutally and deliberately attacked together hacking Mooney down, given him a suspected broken leg are:-

Named and shamed

Should also add Scott Simpson the inept referee for taking no action at all.

Not usually one for retribution but hope we go after them in the return fixture.

Team play better without him and 11 unbeaten without him in the side suggests this.
There’s much more to come from him. I just hope we see it in a Southend shirt and he doesn’t join the long list of excellent players who only show their best when they leave SS2.

Maher originally thought the injury wasn't as bad as it first looked. That said, I broke my leg playing for Shrimperzone and drove and walked about on it for 2 days before giving in and going for an x-ray

If it is a break then explains why he looked in a lot of pain. Hope he recovers fitter and strong.

The ref is culpable in this for his inability to stop the Altrincham players constantly kicking, pushing and pulling at Mooney

That Shrimpet-Steve reminds me off that person i believe got banned from here ,not sure think the name was Mrs Blue., nothing dsent to ever say.

Whether you think the team plays better without him is irrelevant you dumb
b
**** (sorry mods ,but this fool is irritating) Mooneys career being on a knifes edge is nothing to be cynical about .
This has nothing to do with Mooneys injury u m.pp..t!! I'm just saying since his played for us the results have been worse! Not sure if u go to games or follow southend because u would know we went 11 games unbeaten without him being nowhere near the first team and look at the results since he came back and before?

It’s very weird, that ex teammates of Mooney would target him that much. Wonder what circumstances he left in.. regardless - hope he recovers swiftly. He’s not really had the expected impact for us, doesn’t seem to have found his rhythm but there’s definitely a player there.

At least he got the opportunity to walk it off

I'm guessing this is sarcasm at the fact that he was made to do this and it took a good few moments for someone (Cav) to go and help get Mooney off the pitch. He shouldn't have been made to walk on it - what happened to the days of two people giving someone a carry off?

I think the fact it is suspected fracture is good news. When I broke my tibia playing football there was no suspected about it, it was in two bits (think of a match being snapped and pulled apart). Doubt he will play again this season but modern methods are amazing. I thought at the time that the tackler was out to do him and nothing since has made me change my mind. Shockingly weak ref.

This has nothing to do with Mooneys injury u m.pp..t!! I'm just saying since his played for us the results have been worse! Not sure if u go to games or follow southend because u would know we went 11 games unbeaten without him being nowhere near the first team and look at the results since he came back and before?
Is that Mooney's fault though? It also happens to coincide with us having only 1 fit striker, who also happens to be the one who would have been 5th choice at the beginning of the season. Sometimes you see things in a very simplistic way.

Back