• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More “top level” football nonsense- planned “super league”

Gary Neville called out the plans on Sky Sports earlier and said every club involved in this idea should be docked points and fined heavily (including Man United), he seems livid with what's being proposed. What's interesting though is that Sky didn't cut him off and have actually uploaded his rant to YouTube, I don't like what Sky have done to football but if they're against the plans it could cause the clubs involved to think twice about going forward.

Of course Sky would be against it. They might not win the rights to the matches.

Personally I hope it goes ahead. It's time the PL got a taste of their own medicine. I hope it goes ahead, I hope the players are banned from internationals and I hope the FA have the balls to ban the teams from the FA Cup and even domestic football in general.

I hope it all goes ahead and blows up their faces, and ruins the PL in the process.

This will end up going ahead and Fifa, Uefa and the PL will back down. They stand to lose far more cash wise from banning players from their competitions.

Just imagine Fifa banning a Ronaldo or Mbappe from the world cup, it wouldn't happen or if it did an alternative competition would spring up with the best players in and the fifa competition would end up like the Olympics.

As for the premier league, they stand to lose the most. Viewing figures for Palace versus West Ham to decide the title will be nowt compared to Liverpool Utd

Liverpool Utd... is that going to be there new super league name ;)

Good riddance. And they can take their ugly Premier League trophy with them. Don't let them back in with their current owners.

Dust down the old EFL trophy and let Wolves and Palace fight for the title. It'll probably be more fun than watching "City".
I'm sorry I can't agree with this. I can understand the knee-jerk emotion but we must stand by the fans and the clubs that they love. It isn't their fault that they have greedy owners. They are as much against this move as we are. We need solidarity now or we will throwing the baby out with the bath water. Let's fight this move together.

This will end up going ahead and Fifa, Uefa and the PL will back down. They stand to lose far more cash wise from banning players from their competitions.

Just imagine Fifa banning a Ronaldo or Mbappe from the world cup, it wouldn't happen or if it did an alternative competition would spring up with the best players in and the fifa competition would end up like the Olympics.

As for the premier league, they stand to lose the most. Viewing figures for Palace versus West Ham to decide the title will be nowt compared to Liverpool Utd

In the short term maybe, but in the long term players would have to decide whether or not to join these clubs if it means they can't play international football.

Gary Neville called out the plans on Sky Sports earlier and said every club involved in this idea should be docked points and fined heavily (including Man United), he seems livid with what's being proposed. What's interesting though is that Sky didn't cut him off and have actually uploaded his rant to YouTube, I don't like what Sky have done to football but if they're against the plans it could cause the clubs involved to think twice about going forward.

Sky see this as a threat because undoubtedly the super league would be broadcast via club streaming/subscription services.

In the short term maybe, but in the long term players would have to decide whether or not to join these clubs if it means they can't play international football.

International football doesn't pay their huge wages, though. I bet the clubs come first.

The Premier League are furious that the Super League is all about money. You know, the Premier League that broke away from the EFL to make more money in the first place ?
Yeah
I am ****ing myself over this.
It’s so hypercritical on so many levels.

The only annoying fact is I bet not one mainstream journalist or talking head will call this out.
The EPL doesn’t give two ****s about us us lower league clubs. Not they don’t like it when the boot is on the other foot.

Football lost its identity years ago. When owners took over control of clubs and stop giving a care about fans. Fans refer to clubs as 'our club' etc, it couldn't be further from the truth. Thd owners can do whatever they like with them, does that ring any bells?

Interesting that ther's no German team in the proposed competition.Bayern would be an obvious choice -except that Bundilsliga rules give each club 50% fan representation on the board.No German fan would stand for this nonsense.

I did hear this morning on talksport that Bayern were trying to get involved in the new league, don't know how true that is though. I like the idea of fans owning 51% seems a great idea.

I think there maybe a few nasty surprises along the way if football wants to take this step.

For example, what is the point of having to teams in Manchester. Lets combine the two and open up a franchise in say Turkey. They love football.

90 mins is too long for a game? Lets play four 15 minute quarters, more adverts can be squeezed in.

What the big clubs have always hated is that UEFA is the regulator of European football, but it takes a huge slice of the money from the CL, and that money is never really seen again except in people's pockets.

Good riddance. And they can take their ugly Premier League trophy with them. Don't let them back in with their current owners.

Dust down the old EFL trophy and let Wolves and Palace fight for the title. It'll probably be more fun than watching "City".

I'm sorry I can't agree with this. I can understand the knee-jerk emotion but we must stand by the fans and the clubs that they love. It isn't their fault that they have greedy owners. They are as much against this move as we are. We need solidarity now or we will throwing the baby out with the bath water. Let's fight this move together.

Were you feeling a bit schizophrenic at the time of these two posts?

The 6 treasonous clubs should be expelled from the EPL and English football would be all the better for it.
Expel them ASAP, and it results in no relegations across the leagues, and an extra 6 spaces for promotion from the leagues. Could be the only saving grace for us nosediving into the national league.

Last edited:
Back