• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the "tipping point" needed in attendances for us to break even? Many years ago Vic said it was 8500. I know shirts/pies etc make money but the bums on seats is the figure that is of interest - recognizing that concessions count as 2/1 ratio.

I Do, but not in that capacity

Assuming you aren't a programme seller or match day steward you are in a position to get in the right faces, you've obviously thought long and hard about it as your piece indicates

If you are only match day then still drop Brian Wheeler a line about it, i'm sre he'll take on board what you have to say

nothing ventured and all that

Assuming you aren't a programme seller or match day steward you are in a position to get in the right faces, you've obviously thought long and hard about it as your piece indicates

If you are only match day then still drop Brian Wheeler a line about it, i'm sre he'll take on board what you have to say

nothing ventured and all that

Hmmmm. Brian's been there and done it already I would imagine. Brian's got a great rep in the sports business. Trust me I know.

What is the "tipping point" needed in attendances for us to break even? Many years ago Vic said it was 8500. I know shirts/pies etc make money but the bums on seats is the figure that is of interest - recognizing that concessions count as 2/1 ratio.

This is a rough calculation

The accounts show that income from Tickets (On the day and seasons) for 2011 was 1,105,048

IIRC the first season in this Div we average 5274 over 23 games , total attendance 121,302

Averaging 9.11 per person all season

Assuming the amount of 9.11 stays the same , in order to cover the 2010 cost our ticket income would need to rise by 1M or another 90% or attendances of 10,000

However if the same 5234 came and paid the same amounts we would only need another 2000 full ticket paying adults to make another 1M (@ 22 per ticket) or 2800 new adult season ticket holders ....

So basically pick any number over 7,000.........

Thanks Firestorm, I figured 7500 as about the mark; and one I think we could achieve when we start banging in some goals at home and get a run going. Some momentum and it is feasable; when some sides bring a few of their fans. How many of us were at P'boro?...300 I'm guessing.

Thanks Firestorm, I figured 7500 as about the mark; and one I think we could achieve when we start banging in some goals at home and get a run going. Some momentum and it is feasable; when some sides bring a few of their fans. How many of us were at P'boro?...300 I'm guessing.

Our average last season wasaround 6000. Gates picked up at the end as the season gets to the business end.

I doubt we will be seeing many gates over 6000 before Christmas and it all depends on league position whether we get our average up after then.

Unfortunately there arent many clubs at this level who will bring many.

Our average last season wasaround 6000. Gates picked up at the end as the season gets to the business end.

I doubt we will be seeing many gates over 6000 before Christmas and it all depends on league position whether we get our average up after then.

Unfortunately there arent many clubs at this level who will bring many.

I think that makes a huge difference, going from away crowds of 500+ to as low as 30 towards the end of last season has been a serious drop in income.

Would a 'street team' idea work for the club like it does for many musicians? Whereby volunteers use resources provided by the club to encourage people to get involved? Have volunteers in High Street/seafront giving out flyers, getting fans to call up people from database, even going to schools (subject to checks - but schools often have guest speakers without too muh hassle). Club could even provide training and then volunteers put in a few hours? Vols would also have passion of the club rather than paid staff.

Would a 'street team' idea work for the club like it does for many musicians? Whereby volunteers use resources provided by the club to encourage people to get involved? Have volunteers in High Street/seafront giving out flyers, getting fans to call up people from database, even going to schools (subject to checks - but schools often have guest speakers without too muh hassle). Club could even provide training and then volunteers put in a few hours? Vols would also have passion of the club rather than paid staff.

Sounds like a job for True Blue

Back