• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More gossip and rumour about Tilson - this thread carries a health warning !

CC51DAS

President
After the stick I got from some buggers about the 'Tilly signs 4 year MK Deal' thread a week or so back , I am going to say right from the outset that this thread is based purely on heresay and if anyone has high blood pressure , a weak heart or is of a fragile disposition , do not read on .

I had the misfortune last night to sit next to a Col Ewe fan at the cricket . Hadn't met him before but he reckoned he was well connected with the Ewes and knew their chairman quite well ( had apparently done work at his house on a regular basis ).From his comments about Sheringham, Cureton, Iwillyelemu he seemed to have an inside track. He was adamant that Tilson HAD been in contact with MKD and that this was being tracked by Col Ewe as he is being considered as a possible replacement at Cloud Cuckoo Land if things got off to a bad start.

He was also asking me tons of questions about Freddie Eastwood.

Now I don't know whether or not there is a shred of truth in this but it did set me thinking , what would it actually take for Tilly to be tempted ?

I shall be watching events surrounding Gillespie unfold with even more curiosity now.

The thing is- anyone should consider Tilson for their managerial job simply because his record is outstanding. We should not expect Colchester to be any different.

Who? Tilson or Eastwood? I'm not aware they have a vacancy for the manager's position.......

You're right about that. So just to be clear he wasn't saying right at the moment but in a few months time if Williams doesn't get off to good start . That's why ALLEGEDLY they were worried MKD might get him .

But for Colchester, whether Tilson is at MK or Southend surely the problem would remain the same. I.e He is managing someone else. Why would they think it was easier to get him from us than MK?

You're right about that. So just to be clear he wasn't saying right at the moment but in a few months time if Williams doesn't get off to good start . That's why ALLEGEDLY they were worried MKD might get him .

Tilson then. Never in a million years - with his kids at local schools and not likely to be moved if it happened, they'd get the rise taken out of them mercilessly. That's apart from the fact it would be seen as a complete act of treachery, and he'd never be able to hold his head up around town again. No, Tilly's far too Southend through and through to even consider it.

But for Colchester, whether Tilson is at MK or Southend surely the problem would remain the same. I.e He is managing someone else. Why would they think it was easier to get him from us than MK?

Good point . I suppose they would think that he'd get a shiny new contract and a decent budget at MKD whereas we all know that the purse strings are tight at Roots Hall plus MKD have actually got their new stadium up and running

Tilson then. Never in a million years - with his kids at local schools and not likely to be moved if it happened, they'd get the rise taken out of them mercilessly. That's apart from the fact it would be seen as a complete act of treachery, and he'd never be able to hold his head up around town again. No, Tilly's far too Southend through and through to even consider it.

Well I hope you are right but what if it all goes pear shaped with RM's situation and the stadium gets put on hold - for instance ?

What a load of rubbish.

Points to consider:

1. Why would Col Ewe remotely think that they had any prospect of luring Sir Steve away? Like everyone I'm sure the man has ambition but to go to the Ewes would be a sideways move at best (and I do mean at best - the reality is that it is to go to a smaller club with fewer prospects). Why on earth would he want to do that? A successful young manager should surely be looking to a medium sized CC club. I fail to see why ST would even consider Colchester and surely they must know that?

2. Why would Col Ewe know any more than anyone else about whether ST had been in touch with MKD or not? If he has, I can't see that they would be any more likely to know than anyone else.

3. What club chairman ever keeps an eye out for a manager on the off-chance that the start of the season goes badly? Talk about short-termism! That is too silly even in the current world we live in of managers being given 5 minutes to turn things around.

I have a nasty feeling that this fella was winding you up and unfortunately you fell for it to the extent of sticking it on here, health warning or no! If he has been in touch with McFranchise then it is pure chance.

Last edited:
3. What club chairman ever keeps an eye out for a manager on the off-chance that the start of the season goes badly? Talk about short-termism! That is too silly even in the current world we live in of managers being given 5 minutes to turn things around.

It's for the same basic reason that I know where my nearest fire exit is.

I think some people need to be realistic. Yes I love Tilly & Brush and all they've done for us but (and to quote Mr T) at the end of the day, it's just a job to him.

If MK Donkeys, Col Ewe or even Ebbsfleet where to come in and start waving cash under his nose who can blame him for walking if they double his salary.

I think the Mr Southend tag, and all this talk of loyalty is rose-tinted glasses stuff.

You should probably all know that their new chairman has very strong West Ham connections (it gets worse eh!!), and he does have serious money by all accounts.

I would suggest that it is however also more likely that they would therefore replace Williams with someone like Roeder once he inevitably gets sacked at Naaaaarwich.

IF Tilly ever joined Col U I would cut off my todger.

I will lend you a very blunt chainsaw to do it with.

saege.gif

After the stick I got from some buggers about the 'Tilly signs 4 year MK Deal' thread a week or so back , I am going to say right from the outset that this thread is based purely on heresay and if anyone has high blood pressure , a weak heart or is of a fragile disposition , do not read on .

I had the misfortune last night to sit next to a Col Ewe fan at the cricket . Hadn't met him before but he reckoned he was well connected with the Ewes and knew their chairman quite well ( had apparently done work at his house on a regular basis ).From his comments about Sheringham, Cureton, Iwillyelemu he seemed to have an inside track. He was adamant that Tilson HAD been in contact with MKD and that this was being tracked by Col Ewe as he is being considered as a possible replacement at Cloud Cuckoo Land if things got off to a bad start.

He was also asking me tons of questions about Freddie Eastwood.

Now I don't know whether or not there is a shred of truth in this but it did set me thinking , what would it actually take for Tilly to be tempted ?

I shall be watching events surrounding Gillespie unfold with even more curiosity now.

It sounds to me like you fallen for a wind up hook, line and sinker.

How many times do you confess all to the guy who does work on your house? Why would the Chairman of Col Ewe do that?

This guy then gives you a few snippets of info on Col Ewe that are more than likely in the public domain, and suddenly he's also an expert on Southend.

Let's assume for argument's sake that, against all logic, this guy has told you the truth up to this point, and the the Col Ewe info is indeed private. Why would he also know about issues specific to SUFC? Does that really sound like a conversation that Col Ewe's chairman would have had with an odd job man?

Isn't that really something he would keep to himself just in case?

I have a nasty feeling that this fella was winding you up and unfortunately you fell for it to the extent of sticking it on here, health warning or no! If he has been in touch with McFranchise then it is pure chance.

It sounds to me like you fallen for a wind up hook, line and sinker.

Guys - I think that is entirely possible and hopefully you are right . But people on here have all sorts of ears to the ground and hopefully may come up with something more factual to repudiate this story .

No, I still think if you have certain principles then no amount of cash will persuade you otherwise, and I believe Tilson would feel like this if Col U came waving a big fat cheque in his direction. I'm not saying he wouldn't go elsewhere if a good offer was made, just don't believe he'd ever go up the A12 to be their manager.

Back