• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rigsby

Life President⭐
Just found out that some more staff have been given the push, including Sue Page. I always found her great to deal with, she's the very nice lady who organises the corporate deals in the Centre Circle and Blues lounge etc.

Sue had previously worked for West Ham and Col U so had plenty of experience. Sounds a ruthless business this Football lark....On and off the pitch.

Just found out that some more staff have been given the push, including Sue Page. I always found her great to deal with, she's the very nice lady who organises the corporate deals in the Centre Circle and Blues lounge etc.

Sue had previously worked for West Ham and Col U so had plenty of experience. Sounds a ruthless business this Football lark....On and off the pitch.

Paying the price for Anton Ferdinand's hammer sign to the Millwall. Guilty by association.

Have heard that the groundsman wasn't the only culling going on at the club....could this be the sign that big things are happening behind the scenes and Fossetts will be starting in late spring 2030 or just cost cutting to pay for the 20 strikers?.....Joking apart not nice when long serving people are sacked for dubious reasons

Sad to hear this. My experience of Sue was somebody did a great job and was a real asset to the club. Do we know she has def been given the push, when I spoke to her in the summer she was talking about retirement and spending more time in her place abroad (think it was Spain?)

Sad to hear this. My experience of Sue was somebody did a great job and was a real asset to the club. Do we know she has def been given the push, when I spoke to her in the summer she was talking about retirement and spending more time in her place abroad (think it was Spain?)

They have had a restructuring apparently.

I'm guessing she's been made redundant then, which hopefully worked out in her favour if she was planning to retire shortly anyway.

I'm guessing she's been made redundant then, which hopefully worked out in her favour if she was planning to retire shortly anyway.

Nope. Her job has been taken over by someone new.

Sue was fantastic in my dealings with her...top lady.

Sue had tried to retire a few years back and been persuaded to re-consider. I had heard that both she and Jess had left, both of them I'd had a number of dealings with and I will be sorry not to see them around the club anymore. I wish them both all the best and hope that Sue can now, finally, enjoy doing the things that she'd wanted to in retirement.

This is very sad news, I've had plenty of contact with both Sue and Jess and can only speak highly of the service they've provided. Wishing them all the best in the future.

Nope. Her job has been taken over by someone new.

Legally, if her job has been taken over 'as is' by someone else after she's been let go due to restructuring because her didn't exist any more then she has ample grounds to take it to a tribunal. If on the other hand she was 'let go' and her job was then restructured to take in other roles and subsequently renamed then I'm afraid there's little to do. I would hope that the club has done the decent thing and given her some kind of job loss remuneration package other than just the statutory monies owed.

Legally, if her job has been taken over 'as is' by someone else after she's been let go due to restructuring because her didn't exist any more then she has ample grounds to take it to a tribunal. If on the other hand she was 'let go' and her job was then restructured to take in other roles and subsequently renamed then I'm afraid there's little to do. I would hope that the club has done the decent thing and given her some kind of job loss remuneration package other than just the statutory monies owed.

Normally any restructuring that involves reducing headcount involves finding out if anyone is already thinking about leaving/retiring and working out an appropriate package to facilitate that. Hopefully that's what's happened here.

TBH I don't think it's fair to be discussing the job situation of club staff on here. They're not really in the public eye and I doubt anyone on here has been given permission by the person of interest to start discussing their personal life.

Normally any restructuring that involves reducing headcount involves finding out if anyone is already thinking about leaving/retiring and working out an appropriate package to facilitate that. Hopefully that's what's happened here.

TBH I don't think it's fair to be discussing the job situation of club staff on here. They're not really in the public eye and I doubt anyone on here has been given permission by the person of interest to start discussing their personal life.

Yeah, fair point.

Didn't stop you posting 3 times on the groundsman being sacked thread though :winking:

Also, Ranger is classed as club staff and his career and personal life has been discussed to death

Back