• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More SUFC Content

sammyboy

Cannavaro
My weekly dosage of all things Southend Utd include SZ.com, the match if I can go to it and a few reads of the latest programme on the toilet.

At the moment many of us will be tired of reading, watching and listening to the 'bad times' at the club, but for me I cant get enough of anything football and in particular Southend United.

I regularly download podcasts and listen to the 606 phone in on 5 Live Saturdays and Sundays. However there is hardly anything on Southend in both departments, this is understandable for the 606 as there are bigger teams with more supporters.

I am asking you to come up with ideas to get more Southend united content to us fans, I may be laughed off the stage here but I have two ideas...

1. 606 Southend

Southend radio hold a hour long debate in the evening after most matches where fans ring in and talk about the match and current issues and there opinions, the content would then be uploaded to a podcast where people who have missed it or cant pick up Southend radio can listen, they can also text or email in there opinions before the show so all fans are heard.

2. FANCAST - Podcast

Arsenal have a very good Fancast done, to have a listen go to ... http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=160938123470

This podcast features Alan Davies as the presenter and has 2 other pundits discuss everything Arsenal, to the game, the players, match funnies and other general Arsenal rubbish, but is a very good listen as they abuse Spurs on regular occasions.

Although it would be hard to get a famous fan to run this I would suggest a few knowledgeable fans from here for example could do one. It would also be very hard to produce something of the same high quality, although I believe something good could be produced.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

This podcast features Alan Davies as the presenter and has 2 other pundits discuss everything Arsenal, to the game, the players, match funnies and other general Arsenal rubbish, but is a very good listen as they abuse Spurs on regular occasions.

Although it would be hard to get a famous fan to run this I would suggest a few knowledgeable fans from here for example could do one. It would also be very hard to produce something of the same high quality, although I believe something good could be produced.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Good luck with that! ;)

Would be a nice idea to do a podcast but some on would just ignore and regard them as talking complete bollocks.

It's not just limited to 606. It seems that Southend for some reason has extremely poor coverage in general.

I can count on one finger how many times Sky Sports News has ACTUALLY gone across to a live feed on a Saturday afternoon\Midweek evening.

And the math reports on a Sunday morning in all tabloid\broadsheet newspapers is laughable. I always look for the smallest section in the darkest corner. It's usually there!

Little off topic as this was intended to cover debates and phone-ins etc....but still...

It's not just limited to 606. It seems that Southend for some reason has extremely poor coverage in general.

I can count on one finger how many times Sky Sports News has ACTUALLY gone across to a live feed on a Saturday afternoon\Midweek evening.

And the math reports on a Sunday morning in all tabloid\broadsheet newspapers is laughable. I always look for the smallest section in the darkest corner. It's usually there!

Little off topic as this was intended to cover debates and phone-ins etc....but still...

Say it quietly, that's because in the grand scheme of things, we are a tiny club!

Say it quietly, that's because in the grand scheme of things, we are a tiny club!

True, but clubs in League Two are getting live feeds from SkySports on match days, and its a bit of a coincidence that Southend ALWAYS occupy the smallest write up on a Sunday (including League Two)

I'm not expecting to have Phil Thompson watch our games, but we could at least be treated as a League One club instead of a Conference team.

Shouldn't the tiltle be More SUFC Discontent ?

Is there any way to download this and save it so I can upload it to my Ipod and listen to it another time?

EDIT..

Think I have worked it out... feedback tomorrow.

Subscribe via iTunes - it's the best way. We'll be recording another one in a couple of weeks.

Back