• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How can deluded and arrogant be picked up from the diatribe of hate directed at Ron Martin over the Summer, if we were deluded we'd be saying this is a temporary stay in League 2, we've said that we'd be happy with 22nd this season. Arrogant? How? We're thankful for the fact that we're watching a team and waiting with baited breath for another court appearance, the only hint of arrogance is that we're normally pretty sure that even if we go to court somehow Martini will get us out of it.

That guy is an a grade prat who probably hasn't forgiven us for Harding's free kick a couple of years ago, or the fact that Franny Laurent was made to look like Lionel Messi that night.

And the groundshare thing, what a funny boy, correct me if I'm wrong but ain't Leeds in the same position as us in the fact that they neither own their ground as they had to flog it when Ridsdale's £289,129,291,943 spend came crashing down?

Prat.

I dont, if he had gone for a decent amount we would have publicised it.

If you are going to let your best player go you would want to show that it was worthwhile, and £175,000 wasnt enough to make it sound like a good deal.

I couldn't possibly speculate on the reasons for them not wishing to publicise the precise amount of the fee received. Well I could actually, but I'm not going to here!

It could be any number of reasons. I suspect the most likely is that Southampton requested that we don't.

Or more likely a reason a lot "closer to home"...

Or, even more likely, the fact that 99.9% of transfers go for "undisclosed fees" as it's now considered common practice between football clubs. When the accounts are registered, I dare say we'll have a vague idea of what we received for Barnard.

Thought I'd submit a comment on there to see whether it will get put up or not it is currently 'awaiting moderation,' I'm waiting to see whether he'll delete it or not

Evening chaps,
I have registered on here to post this one and one only contribution (although not sure why I am has your outrage has done wonders for my traffic figures) with the hope it will settle you lot down a little (I get bored very easily deleting Essex abuse).
Let’s put to bed some paranoia running rampant on here. My site has no specific problem with your club, what it does have is a problem with a) clubs that operate at massive unsustainable losses and pretend everything is ok and b) supporters who let that happen around them and direct more criticism at those who expose the reality rather than the directors who cause the problems.
As an additional piece of information I do have a ok but limited knowledge of the Southend area, have a good mate who lives in Westcliffe and have attended games at Roots Hall not just for Leeds games but also others. Whilst I wouldn’t drink there on a Friday night it’s not Grays!
Now let’s be clear why your club and its activities are appearing regularly on our website (mostly in the “Leeds United and the other 91 basket cases” category), it’s because your club is in the Portsmouth, Cardiff City and yes Leeds United class of permanent idiocy. By your own admission the Fossetts Farm plans have been ongoing for 12 years and still no substantive progress is being made. That in itself should be enough to cause some disquiet within your support without the following:
· Your club has suffered two relegations in 4 seasons, going from the Championship to L2.
· You have lost in the course of that decline one of the countries better young managers.
· The club seems to be losing around £3m a year.
· The ground is now owned by Sainsbury’s.
· You have appeared in the High Court in the last year more times than Portsmouth where you have been described as “habitually insolvent”
· You needed a £5m “advance” from Sainsbury’s to stop the last two applications.
· You missed numerous wage payments.
· You missed numerous tax payments.
· You needed to borrow money off a Supporters Trust and then failed to pay it back when due.
· Of the £5m advanced only £1.8m is left (or put another way less than a year’s operating losses).
· Of the other £3.2m over £1.5m has gone to your Chairman’s companies (as an aside your Chairman is a property developer and an admirer of Ken Bates), the same companies reported has been also threatened with receivership proceedings.
· Your manager retired from his last job on health grounds.
· Of the players signed the vast majority seem to be ex players from Sturrock’s old clubs who can’t get a contract elsewhere.
Now maybe all that just looks to you like the normal combination of issues with a football club, from West of Leigh on Sea it looks like a recipe for disaster. Now I am more than happy to acknowledge fans have a tendency to shy from bad news but come on chaps, time to wake up and do something.
The title of the thread I am posting this one is sad enough, what makes anyone think other football fans are not entitled to follow the antics of other clubs? What makes it worse from my point of view is how your behaviour replicates that of my clubs fans whilst Ridsdale was screwing up the club for a generation and Bates adding a second generation to that decline. The first time Clarkeonenil addressed issues at your club I received a lot of comments telling me nothing was wrong, 9 months on and despite mountains of evidence to the contrary those comments keep coming. Now to be fair you’re not the only example of this in L2 this season, Accrington Stanley you should keep an eye on (and when I get enough to post on them I will) and something is afoot at Hereford United.
Clarkeonenil will continue to comment on clubs in the mists of financial delusion; your new stadium plans would place you in that category even if your board wasn’t incompetent. Now I have no desire to see England’s 8th biggest conurbation lose its professional football team and certainly no urge to see you as a support suffer but the fact remains that unless YOU the support don’t start asking the relevant questions of Martin and directing your fire where it’s deserved your future is going to be difficult. I foresee you back in the High Court sooner rather than later and finding yourself homeless ala Grays Athletic and New Road well before a sod of earth has been cut on the new ground. If you thought the last year was bad, believe me all the evidence suggests there is more and worse to come.
Still in the spirit of peace, best wishes avoiding that, may the football gods strike down the source of your problems and maybe you will rise again, but until that happens it’s in your hands whether you follow Martin to the abyss or your somehow find a way to save your beloved club.
Cheers.

"Clarkeonenil
Evening chaps,
I have registered on here to post this one and one only contribution (although not sure why I am has your outrage has done wonders for my traffic figures) with the hope it will settle you lot down a little (I get bored very easily deleting Essex abuse).
Let’s put to bed some paranoia running rampant on here. My site has no specific problem with your club, what it does have is a problem with a) clubs that operate at massive unsustainable losses and pretend everything is ok and b) supporters who let that happen around them and direct more criticism at those who expose the reality rather than the directors who cause the problems.
As an additional piece of information I do have a ok but limited knowledge of the Southend area, have a good mate who lives in Westcliffe and have attended games at Roots Hall not just for Leeds games but also others. Whilst I wouldn’t drink there on a Friday night it’s not Grays!
Now let’s be clear why your club and its activities are appearing regularly on our website (mostly in the “Leeds United and the other 91 basket cases” category), it’s because your club is in the Portsmouth, Cardiff City and yes Leeds United class of permanent idiocy. By your own admission the Fossetts Farm plans have been ongoing for 12 years and still no substantive progress is being made. That in itself should be enough to cause some disquiet within your support without the following:
· Your club has suffered two relegations in 4 seasons, going from the Championship to L2.
· You have lost in the course of that decline one of the countries better young managers.
· You have appeared in the High Court in the last year more times than Portsmouth where you have been described as “habitually insolvent”
· You needed a £5m “advance” from Sainsbury’s to stop the last two applications.
· You needed to borrow money off a Supporters Trust and then failed to pay it back when due.
· Of the £5m advanced only £1.8m is left (or put another way less than a year’s operating losses).
· Of the other £3.2m over £1.5m has gone to your Chairman’s companies (as an aside your Chairman is a property developer and an admirer of Ken Bates), the same companies reported has been also threatened with receivership proceedings.
· Of the players signed the vast majority seem to be ex players from Sturrock’s old clubs who can’t get a contract elsewhere.
Now maybe all that just looks to you like the normal combination of issues with a football club, from West of Leigh on Sea it looks like a recipe for disaster. Now I am more than happy to acknowledge fans have a tendency to shy from bad news but come on chaps, time to wake up and do something.
The title of the thread I am posting this one is sad enough, what makes anyone think other football fans are not entitled to follow the antics of other clubs? What makes it worse from my point of view is how your behaviour replicates that of my clubs fans whilst Ridsdale was screwing up the club for a generation and Bates adding a second generation to that decline. The first time Clarkeonenil addressed issues at your club I received a lot of comments telling me nothing was wrong, 9 months on and despite mountains of evidence to the contrary those comments keep coming. Now to be fair you’re not the only example of this in L2 this season, Accrington Stanley you should keep an eye on (and when I get enough to post on them I will) and something is afoot at Hereford United.
Clarkeonenil will continue to comment on clubs in the mists of financial delusion; your new stadium plans would place you in that category even if your board wasn’t incompetent. Now I have no desire to see England’s 8th biggest conurbation lose its professional football team and certainly no urge to see you as a support suffer but the fact remains that unless YOU the support don’t start asking the relevant questions of Martin and directing your fire where it’s deserved your future is going to be difficult. I foresee you back in the High Court sooner rather than later and finding yourself homeless ala Grays Athletic and New Road well before a sod of earth has been cut on the new ground. If you thought the last year was bad, believe me all the evidence suggests there is more and worse to come.
Still in the spirit of peace, best wishes avoiding that, may the football gods strike down the source of your problems and maybe you will rise again, but until that happens it’s in your hands whether you follow Martin to the abyss or your somehow find a way to save your beloved club.
Cheers. "

1. Well done! Did you pass your Masters degree in The Bleeding Obvious recently, or are you still awaiting your result?

2. Are you up yourself far enough so that you can see th inside of your duodenum?

What a load of nonsense. We don't need a thousand words on why the symptoms are bad. It's blatantly obvious. The heart of the matter is the underlying cause which this joker hasn't bothered to address.

Also believe that Collymore was our record sale as well, not Eastwood !!

He was!. £2.1 million to Forest with £250k extra if he played for england (he did against Japan) and another £250k for something else i cant remember!.

Plus we got a big cut when he went to Liverpool. We ended up getting more than £3.5m in the end.

What you fail to comment on is that we went up two divisions in two seasons prior to that.

Whilst you make some valid points you also use the facts out of context to make your point.

We have plenty of problems but to say we are a club in decline because of two relegations ignores the fact we arent a championships club and were only in that division for one year.

If you go back 15 years we are in the same division now we have been for the majority of that time.

We have our problems but if you are going to comment on them try not to over dramatise every event to give your column colour....

Evening chaps,
Cheers.

Interesting, reasoned, thoughtful, almost intellecutal, however you are just so far behind the times. Yes we had these problems, however we now have a squad of 22 players all signed on, Sainsbury's backing us, Fossetts Farm build is set to start when the last contract is signed on the 8 Oct 2010 - so what is your problem?

If you were a Southend supporter I would gladly enter into debate. But you are not a Southend supporter, therefore your comments are null and void.

This tosser refers to his own opinion, therefore himself, as 'ClarkeOneNil'. Says it all.

If you were a Southend supporter I would gladly enter into debate. But you are not a Southend supporter said:
I thought that he had his finger on the SUFC pulse! Surely you can't beleive that Ron's promises and a win against a troubled brizzle city is the eternal panacea!

scalded back row east greens!

Or, even more likely, the fact that 99.9% of transfers go for "undisclosed fees" as it's now considered common practice between football clubs. When the accounts are registered, I dare say we'll have a vague idea of what we received for Barnard.

Doubt it !

Back