• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought that he had his finger on the SUFC pulse! Surely you can't beleive that Ron's promises and a win against a troubled brizzle city is the eternal panacea!

scalded back row east greens!

lol - we certainly need some healing!

If this is the real Clarkonenil and not an imposter the reason we don't like your views is that you make out that we don't know these financial problems are happening around us when we clearly do, what do you expect us to do? Find 5 million under the bed and donate it to Ron?
PS Thanks for replying to my comment, but Portsmouth are nowhere near the worst, they are in freefall whereas unless we hit administration I can't see us going down this year and no I don't read this blog often because its biased rubbish (yes I know shrimperzone is as well before you start on it).

Last edited:
Mr Clarkeonenil
I think your post on here reveals even more about you than your original article. The fact you stipulate that this is the only communication you are going to make on this site and thus you are not willing to enter into discussion about your article, provides ample proof of your arrogance and perhaps also fear of opening up your ideas to criticism. I, personally, regret any abuse that you have received..............that is not needed, as your article is so lacking in understanding and so full of inaccuracies that one can easily destroy it without resorting to rudeness. Perhaps the reason that no one else has replied fully to your post, is because it would take so long to provide a balanced response, people just haven't got the time and certainly not the inclination to correct your facts and conclusions.
I could, if I wished, destroy the veracity of your post in one word..........................'Westcliffe'........................... Honestly, anyone who claims to know anything about our town, (as you claim to do) let alone our football club, would have at least taken the trouble to spell it correctly and even add Westcliff-on-Sea. You have the down right cheek to call us deluded and ignorant...............someone can talk about ignorance! You know very well, as you are reasonably well versed with this site, that there is a deep division between us supporters on the question of our Chairman Ron Martin. I am one who is slightly more sympathetic towards him than many others. I do try to understand that there has been some kind of a plan over the last months, and whilst I have found the methods he has employed, rather distasteful, the need to drastically reduce our wage bill and to get somewhere back to a situation where we can try and live within our means was essential. I think it was your mocking remarks such as "signing 17 players in one day, most of whom have a 'conference' feel about them", that really gets up peoples noses. You forgot to mention that they were all on free tranfers........................perhaps we should have signed League One and Championship players at high cost , so that we could continue to 'operate at a massive unsustainable losses?'
In my own mind, I am sure that, with the backing of Sainsbury's, the new ground will soon be started. I am not so naieve to believe that everything is perfect, for me and many others on here, there are still fears for the future and many questions that remain unanswered. I am perfectly willing to listen and read views from people who have ideas contrary to my own but find it rather more difficult to accept articles which depict a shallow and outdated view of our position and particularly ones where facts are chosen, and sometimes distorted in order to fit in with a persons given agenda.

After leaving a comment on there, he replied to it poorly and with a 'I'm the moderator so I can say what I want' attitude and now I don't seem to be able to reply back, how convenient.

After leaving a comment on there, he replied to it poorly and with a 'I'm the moderator so I can say what I want' attitude and now I don't seem to be able to reply back, how convenient.

A bit like ShrimperZone ---- that site is run by very nasty people. :whistling:

Back