• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Morecambe 1 Southend United 0

Please put your views here on our game after Martin's rant obviously paid off.

If only he would **** off.

CP's Twitter:

Sturrock full of praise for Grant: "His form has been indifferent this season but was very pleased with him today."

Blues staff not sure how bad Kalala injury is. It's his ankle though and he left the ground on crutches.

Sturrock: "You can't point the finger at the players' work rate or commitment today. But you can at some of their performances."

Grant: "It said in the paper this week we were gutless but you couldn't call us that today. I hope fans are happier"

CP's Twitter:

Sturrock full of praise for Grant: "His form has been indifferent this season but was very pleased with him today."

Blues staff not sure how bad Kalala injury is. It's his ankle though and he left the ground on crutches.

Sturrock: "You can't point the finger at the players' work rate or commitment today. But you can at some of their performances."

Grant: "It said in the paper this week we were gutless but you couldn't call us that today. I hope fans are happier"

Not gutless today, you can't fault them for effort, much better. Maybe a little clueless. Almost zero service to the strikers once again. The tactics clearly aren't working. If the strikers aren't fed, how are they meant to score?

Another tweet from CP:

Morecambe goalscorer jordan burrow - "we played better and deserved win. All southend did when they got the ball was hoof it forward."

Embarassing when an opposition player is saying that.

Another tweet from CP:

Morecambe goalscorer jordan burrow - "we played better and deserved win. All southend did when they got the ball was hoof it forward."

Embarassing when an opposition player is saying that.

Exactly what I was about to post.

Ambitious I know, but why not this:
Morris
Clohessey Phillips Barker Prosser
Hall Timlin Grant Martin
Mohsni Benyon/Flood​

Grant was the only positive today. The effort was there but too many players had a poor game, including Dickinson who we need firing for the system to work.

Still defensive issues which need to be ironed out. I don't think Morris appreciated the bollocking from Timlin (who was a passenger today) after the final whistle.

Morris - 5
Clohessy - 6
Barker - 6
Phillips - 6
Prosser - 5
Mohsni - 5
Timlin - 5
Grant - 7 MOTM
Hall - 5
Sampson - 6
Dickinson - 6

bright light

If sawyer was our only bright light, which is good news ! how are we going to find another 10 to make a half decent team ?

Exactly what I was about to post.

Ambitious I know, but why not this:
Morris
Clohessey Phillips Barker Prosser
Hall Timlin Grant Martin
Mohsni Benyon/Flood​

The problem with that lineup is its still hoof hoof hoof. ie Morris never a quick realease of ball just hoof up. Phillips hoof/ Barker hoof and Prosser hoof. Not one of them can play a ball out to the midfield. We need to get a couple of loanee's in. A left back, and a ball playing center half. Also get Daniels back asap or give Bentley a chance

Talking of Sawyer, when's he going to be back?

More Twitter gossip from Chris Phillips. Apparently Mohsni stormed down the tunnel when subbed, didn't shake Benyon's hand and offered a Morecambe fan a fight. And MARK Phillips has tweeted that he's on "suicide watch" right now. Sturrock kept them in the dressing room for a long time after the match, and it doesn't sound like a happy dressing room...

Back