• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Gutted for all those who travelled so far....It was in our hands and we ****ed it up. Terrible result.

So on to the play-off's and a second bite at the cherry.

Not so sure if I feel happy or sad about that.

This is SUFC ...nothing is EVER easy.

Disappointing result - just wasn't meant to be our day. They had three shots on target and scored them all and it sounds like their keeper had a blinder. I think Morecambe would have been bottom of the list in terms of possible last matches! Its a game of small margins and if Tranmere had nicked a late goal, it would have been a different story. We now need to regroup and have a good go at the play offs. UTB.

The team will need picking up hugely, they need all our full support to win through. Please no more recriminations and what might have beens. We can still do this. COYBB

Jamie Devitt tore us to ribbons years ago when he was at Hereford on loan from Hull, I remember saying as much on here. Sounds as if he did it again today.

EDIT: Wasn't Hereford, was Accrington.

I'm devastated! I really thought it was going to be our day. I just wanted to cry, God knows how those 2300 feel who made the trip. My hats off to all you dedicated fans who made the trip.

Is the glass half full, half empty, or smashed on the floor into tiny pieces for you sir ?

Disappointing result - just wasn't meant to be our day. They had three shots on target and scored them all and it sounds like their keeper had a blinder. I think Morecambe would have been bottom of the list in terms of possible last matches! Its a game of small margins and if Tranmere had nicked a late goal, it would have been a different story. We now need to regroup and have a good go at the play offs. UTB.
Their keeper did NOT have to make any great saves that I remember.saves yes, but nothing special

Please not another Burton .And I hope we don't suffer Stevenage kicking lumps out of our players like they did there last time we met .

Have to question why we played 4-5-1 given the success 4-4-2 has had. We switched to it eventually but 4-4-2 doesn't work with Payne, still on another day we'd have scored 3 or 4 goals, but we were due some bad luck after last week. Hopefully it's been spent now and we can surge through the play offs.

Have to question why we played 4-5-1 given the success 4-4-2 has had. We switched to it eventually but 4-4-2 doesn't work with Payne, still on another day we'd have scored 3 or 4 goals, but we were due some bad luck after last week. Hopefully it's been spent now and we can surge through the play offs.

We werent playing 451, we were playing 4411 with Payne just being Corr, the same system that we playing against Bury when we won.

The last two games we werent playing 442 when we won them. We had Payne on the pitch when we won the last 9 points. Were we even 442 when we beat Exeter at the end? Payne was on the pitch again

In the 5 wins prior to today we have 4 1-0 wins, and we werent playing 442 when 2 of those goals went in (3 depending on what actually formation we were meant to be in against Exeter, )

442 is my preference, but it hasnt been the be all and end all.

Blimey just saw that Wycombe got a late winner. I switched off after our whistle went. Might not be a bad thing. Stevenage lost 2-0 today whereas Plymouth are on a high after winning at Shrews. Plus we owe Stevenage..

Gutted doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling right now. Tactics wrong from the start, Payne (whilst he did score) should not have started, clueless substitutions, and 2,400 supporters are now travelling back to Essex totally and utterly dejected.

Please Southend, don't f*** up the play offs. I can't stand another season of going to grounds like Morecambe………

We never ever do things the easy way, do we? So, lets get today over, have a few(understatement) pages of arse-ache on here and then get ourselves up for our next adventure. Stevenage is a lot better than Plymouth travel wise, and if we beat them over two legs then Wembley here we come again. Come on, you know it makes sense.

Like jack Payne or not he is not a player for the Stevenage game a little light weight against there bully boys .Maybe white should go back into his full back berth .So Lenny can slot back in the middle .And I hope he leaves the bolger barrett combo that until the today has stood firm .

Gutted doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling right now. Tactics wrong from the start, Payne (whilst he did score) should not have started, clueless substitutions, and 2,400 supporters are now travelling back to Essex totally and utterly dejected.

Please Southend, don't f*** up the play offs. I can't stand another season of going to grounds like Morecambe………

Cassidy wasnt fit, and as I said in the post above we won the last nine points with Payne on the pitch so can see why we went with it.

Back