• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Morecambe FC 1-1 Southend Utd

And yet that only bore the fruit of one goal too. Teams do actually defend too you know. It’s really not as simple as attack more so you score more. We had as much attacking intent as they did tonight, albeit they may have had a little more quality. But despite this quality it was still only 1-1.
Credit to our defence for keeping them under decent control. I think the point I'm getting at is that we have to be all hands to the pump to keep the other team out of our net, which means we can't even fashion a moderate amount of chances ourselves.

Stockton for Morecambe had several attempts on goal tonight and Ox saved well a couple of times. The only time I recall us challenging their keeper in the 2nd half was a shot from Dieng that was easily collected.

Up until we went 1-up, we were more than a match for them. Unfortunately for the 70 minutes after, as they up’s their effort and endeavour, we were clearly second best.

The fact Morecambe had more gears to go through was reflective of our season: some games we “do well”, the minority of which this masquerade has (somehow) lasted for much of the game, but for the majority - like this evening - it has not. My only conclusion is that we must be set up to be tough to break down and to disrupt the oppo, but beyond that we really don’t have a clue...?

there are certainly 3 winnable matches in our last 6 fixtures (Crawley, Barrow, Col U)

I'd substitute Barrow for Orient, & last game of season v Newport, hopefully they will have cemented a place in the play offs, & rest players as Sunderland did 2 years ago.
Obviously that last scenario will be irrelevant if we fail to win at least 3 games before then.
Am i optimistic of that?. Let's just say i'm looking out of my lounge window, with more expectation of seeing a UFO flying over, than us winning 3 or 4 of our last 6 games!.

Good to get a point, gutted to lose another lead. Must, must, must turn up against the creeps, and hope the sheeps do us a flavour...

And yet that only bore the fruit of one goal too. Teams do actually defend too you know. It’s really not as simple as attack more so you score more. We had as much attacking intent as they did tonight, albeit they may have had a little more quality. But despite this quality it was still only 1-1.

Good news for you.

In the post match interview MM confirmed that 'we'll continue with our processes'.

Of course he omitted the words 'all the way to the National League'.

#ftheprocess

So what would you say to the manager as a Crawley scout?

RHF can only play on his left - stay that side. Oh, and he can't tackle a strong stew.
Ferguson goes missing, just don't give him any space to shoot.
Let ANG run, he forever fails to look up and will send a stray pass or lose the ball up his own a***.
And ALWAYS put pressure on their back line: they only punt it long, and the one forward, whoever he is, has no speed to chase the ball down.

Hope Cordner is not hurt, but what we wouldn't give for three quality players to sprinkle around the mediocre!

Last edited:
So what would you say to the manager as a Crawley scout?

RHF can only play on his left - keep him there. Oh, and he can't tackle a strong stew.
Ferguson goes missing, just don't give him any space to shoot.
Let ANG run, he forever fails to look up and will send a stray pass or lose the ball up his own a***.
And ALWAYS put pressure on their back line: they only punt it long, and the one forward, whoever he is, has no speed to chase the ball down.

Hope Cordner is not hurt, but what we wouldn't give for three quality players to sprinkle around the mediocre!

Oh dear.

Accurate scouting report for the cheating b******s.

Hope they pay you.

Credit to our defence for keeping them under decent control. I think the point I'm getting at is that we have to be all hands to the pump to keep the other team out of our net, which means we can't even fashion a moderate amount of chances ourselves.

Stockton for Morecambe had several attempts on goal tonight and Ox saved well a couple of times. The only time I recall us challenging their keeper in the 2nd half was a shot from Dieng that was easily collected.
I don't disagree with the point you make but according to BBC stats they only had 2 shots on target so presumably Ox only made one save in the match?

Sleepwalking our way to non league football.

Summed up by a 92nd minute attacking throw in - Cordner takes a minute to wipe the ball ready for a long throw ball into the box - instead he plays it short to Clifford who duffs it nowhere - end of game.

No spirit, no fight. I don’t even know what the message from the manager is at the moment? Do they know we need to win? We’re rapidly running out of games, to the point that soon it will be mathematically impossible.

Crying out for a Barrett or a Phillips to get this team fighting.

Good news for you.

In the post match interview MM confirmed that 'we'll continue with our processes'.

Of course he omitted the words 'all the way to the National League'.

#ftheprocess

He can only keep trying to improve the situation. You know that’s exactly what a process is don't you?

Granted it may not be quick enough for your liking or to stop relegation....or the start point may have been from too far back to make up enough ground in time, but no one can deny the upward curve in points and performances from August until now, can they? Even if it’s not enough at the end of the day.

I don't disagree with the point you make but according to BBC stats they only had 2 shots on target so presumably Ox only made one save in the match?
I counted a couple of saves but I may be wrong. I think crosses included Ox did have some work to do tonight though which couldn't be said for his opposite number.

He can only keep trying to improve the situation. You know that’s exactly what a process is don't you?

Granted it may not be quick enough for your liking or to stop relegation....or the start point may have been from too far back to make up enough ground in time, but no one can deny the upward curve in points and performances from August until now, can they? Even if it’s not enough at the end of the day.

Really?

Love for you to share your thoughts on the process.

Has any team in the history of the football league ever failed to improve upon an opening record of two points from the first eleven games?

I think not.

MM's processes stink but still he continues with his insane drivel.

God help us all and save us from him and his apologists.

#ftheprocess

Whether you like how we play, the tactics or think that we have improved or not, the stats in terms of points and results show we have improved since august. I agree, it may be too little too late, or that it’s not great to watch but come on...who on earth thinks a league 2 relegation battle is going to be a good watch!!

Back