• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Morecambe FC 1-1 Southend Utd

I think I’ve exhausted that one. Not only that, I think they’d be wasted.....again
Well I honestly hope you remain the smug one in all of this. I really do. If and when the process develops and pays off I will happily find this message and hold my ? and say you were right.

Whether you like how we play, the tactics or think that we have improved or not, the stats in terms of points and results show we have improved since august. I agree, it may be too little too late, or that it’s not great to watch but come on...who on earth thinks a league 2 relegation battle is going to be a good watch!!

It was superb under Paul Clark in 1987/88.

I have a crap memory but I can not recall a player that bottles every tackle like RHF does. It’s beyond a joke. I don’t expect him to win them all, but I do expect some effort.
He can’t use the fact he is against those “ big boys “ egbri doesn’t take **** and tackles as hard as he can which is all you can ask for

So, know one liked the starting line up.....a miracle happens, we sort of outplay them and score a good goal.
Same every week, he doesn't know how to win a game of football, defensively or trying for another goal

His subs are like for like but can't really say that for Acquah as he can't jump higher than 2 inches and is always on his ar se......Burger King are still hiring.

The manager really hasn't got a clue in every scenario and is doomed for the scrap heap along with our team RIP SUFC!

Well I honestly hope you remain the smug one in all of this. I really do. If and when the process develops and pays off I will happily find this message and hold my ? and say you were right.

Smug? Trust me pal not many on here would have as much reason as me to want to be able to say there was no improvement or in a smug way to see Southend relegated, but I’ve been as honest, optimistic and steadfastly positive as anyone on here could begin to match.

Was a great point against a side who previously beat us 10 games In a row in league!! The good thing is we play barrow and colchester away where we get results! We play with that desire saturday and we should turn crawley over! And records do count for somthing and we have already beaten both col u and barrow already this season! Must be a good omen! Orient will also be on the beach by the time we play them as they still have to play cambridge,exeter,cheltenham so that should end there play off push! We can stay up if we fight and show the effort we did tonight.

Smug? Trust me pal not many on here would have as much reason as me to want to be able to say there was no improvement or to want to see Southend relegated, but I’ve been as honest, optimistic and steadfastly positive as anyone on here could begin to match.

There are other ways to define your contributions as we have discussed............

I have a crap memory but I can not recall a player that bottles every tackle like RHF does. It’s beyond a joke. I don’t expect him to win them all, but I do expect some effort.
He can’t use the fact he is against those “ big boys “ egbri doesn’t take **** and tackles as hard as he can which is all you can ask for

Brandon Goodship

Clearly you didn't watch it.

I defy any SUFC supporter on here to say Paul Clark didn't produce a team with tremendous quality that season.

Wigan at home was one of the best matches ever seen at the Hall.

Please define 'purist'.

You know what I mean by purist. It’s not to say it’s the right way or the way I prefer or anything else, just simply the stereotypical footballing definition of ‘the purist’ which would suggest free flowing attacking football with the ball never leaving the grass and every player playing without a care in the world and no pressure or stress on anything or anybody ?

There are other ways to define your contributions as we have discussed............

I’m not sure I understand. As in I don’t understand what you mean or why you’d want to turn a discussion in the direction you seem to want to turn it ?‍♂️ It’s a post match thread for Christ’s sake

I’m not sure I understand. As in I don’t understand what you mean or why you’d want to turn a discussion in the direction you seem to want to turn it ?‍♂️ It’s a post match thread for Christ’s sake

Agree that this is a post match thread and during the post match interview our manager reiterated that he was going to 'continue with our processes', which are continuing to cause our downfall.

You have just admitted that you have an axe to grind and you rejoice in the processes along with MM - hence the debate.

Nothing more nothing less.

I have seen successful relegation battles from SUFC teams with proper values and real bottle but you dismiss this with waffle about 'the purist'. Of course that encourages further debate.

Hope that clarifies.

We are still carrying two passengers who bring very little to the team in Fairchild and Ferguson, the others are working their arrse off around them. I don't get it MM.

Fantastic header from Dieng, especially as Halford and his defender got in the way of the flight. A sublime cross from Elvis too. Thats how you put them in the box.
Things i found myself saying far too often watching iplayer... why cant we knock a ball down 5 yds to one of our own ? ..we give the ball away constantly ... head it to a blue shirt ..why can't Ferguson support those around him when we have the ball ? Why was Fairchild considered a better option on the right in the 2nd half to ANG, he bottles out of a tackle ? ...Ricky hasnt done hardly anything to excite us since pulling on a blue shirt ....there's more but...

We attacked with zest, we sat back alarmingly, we scored, we conceded, we passed well, we lumped it and lost it, we closed them down, we sat back. It's teams like us with much inconsistency that make Cheltenham look good and really, theyre not.
ANG gets pulled off as our main threat for not working hard enough ? For not releasing the ball after beating three men ?
You just knew we'd create zilch when ANG went off and apart from one maybe two balls flying in the box, true enough we created nothing.
Deserved a point, desperately needed three, so i'll say it again, Molesley out.
The last time a midfielder got his foot on the ball, looked up and made a pass through the defence for a striker who was pointing where he wanted it ? I cant remember. Not that we play with strikers anymore.

Agree that this is a post match thread and during the post match interview our manager reiterated that he was going to 'continue with our processes', which are continuing to cause our downfall.

What option does he have? Abandon his beliefs with 6 games to go? The beliefs that have helped gain almost as many points in 29 games as those around have in 40?

You have just admitted that you have an axe to grind and you rejoice in the processes along with MM - hence the debate.

I didn’t admit to having an axe to grind at all. I was accused of being smug at our failure to win games and I pointed out that DESPITE having more reason than most to be smug, I wasn’t and haven’t been all season and have supported, been positive and more so than most been objective. I think MM is a far better manager than many at this level and that includes some that have teams near to top of the division. Given the restraints and the resources he’s proved that. It may not be enough but there are plenty of managers around that would’ve see us relegated a month ago.

I have seen successful relegation battles from SUFC teams with proper values and real bottle but you dismiss this with waffle about 'the purist'. Of course that encourages further debate.

I’m sure you have. And nothing I said has belittled that or demeaned it. I made the comment that people seemed to expect something from a Southend team battling to stay in the football league that wasn’t realistic.....and that’s football for the purist when it’s clearly going to be a little less appetizing than that given that there are 6 games left and scrapping for every single point possible.

Just take this obsesssion with me somewhere else. Let people discuss the post match thoughts without having to try and point score. I’ve tried to make it clear that I was trying to keep it light hearted and as usual you’ve turned it into this.

Perfectly happy if you want to DM me....the offer is always there for anyone who wants a more Frank and open conversation. But once again you and I are boring people.

I think most of us have a similar view about football managers using words like "the process" or "the project".
They remind me of the bullsh.t that the contestants on The Apprentice use when introducing themselves.
I think it is time MM and his entourage did some "blue sky thinking" and started thinking "outside of the box".

What option does he have? Abandon his beliefs with 6 games to go? The beliefs that have helped gain almost as many points in 29 games as those around have in 40?

I didn’t admit to having an axe to grind at all. I was accused of being smug at our failure to win games and I pointed out that DESPITE having more reason than most to be smug, I wasn’t and haven’t been all season and have supported, been positive and more so than most been objective. I think MM is a far better manager than many at this level and that includes some that have teams near to top of the division. Given the restraints and the resources he’s proved that. It may not be enough but there are plenty of managers around that would’ve see us relegated a month ago.

I’m sure you have. And nothing I said has belittled that or demeaned it. I made the comment that people seemed to expect something from a Southend team battling to stay in the football league that wasn’t realistic.....and that’s football for the purist when it’s clearly going to be a little less appetizing than that given that there are 6 games left and scrapping for every single point possible.

Just take this obsesssion with me somewhere else. Let people discuss the post match thoughts without having to try and point score. I’ve tried to make it clear that I was trying to keep it light hearted and as usual you’ve turned it into this.

Perfectly happy if you want to DM me....the offer is always there for anyone who wants a more Frank and open conversation. But once again you and I are boring people.

Last word.

There is no obsession with you apart from your own.

This is a forum for differing opinions.

if there are posts with which I disagree then I will often put an alternative view.

It's fair to say that I disagree with most of your posts but fortunately I only rise to some of them.

Sorry if this upsets you.

I think most of us have a similar view about football managers using words like "the process" or "the project".
They remind me of the bullsh.t that the contestants on The Apprentice use when introducing themselves.
I think it is time MM and his entourage did some "blue sky thinking" and started thinking "outside of the box".

Too full of low lying fruit.

Back