• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Surely we should look for a very near to full capacity for this one?

Great move by the club, we were only talking about this the other day between mates.

I guess Morcombe will bring 200-300 as they are doing well in the league and because of these prices, if we do fill our allocation will we get half of the north bank??

I counted the Morecambe fans last season - I counted 35! I reckon they'll have 80 tops. May as well utilise half of the North Bank. Why can't we push 10,000 for this game?!

good game to do this for as there will not be many from Morecambe if last year anything to go by - you could literally count their fans and it was under 50

As a STH I wouldn't be too bothered if this happen once or twice. Anything to get more people through the gates. If it happens often though then we should get something back to compensate. Get Roots Hall rocking!

I totally agree with that, it doesn't bother me at all

good game to do this for as there will not be many from Morecambe if last year anything to go by - you could literally count their fans and it was under 50

Look simples......put the Morecambe fans in the directors box and then we can hot 12,000!!

I have asked a committee member to bring it up tonight at their monthly meeting and would they give funds towards the day....I await their response.

Good work. I'll start the ball rolling then with a £50 donation. Let me know who to give it to.

Good work. I'll start the ball rolling then with a £50 donation. Let me know who to give it to.

Wow top man paypal it to us if you have an account....Ken will keep tracks-PM me or Ken with your email addy so we know what its for.

Wonderful gesture mate.

I have asked a committee member to bring it up tonight at their monthly meeting and would they give funds towards the day....I await their response.
Very good idea, and to be this is a no brainer, and if the trust disagrees then I would be seriously disapointed to put it mildly.

What are the club telling us?

Tthey are telling us that we can made a difference, so yes we all support in different ways but the club and manager are telling us again that we make a difference when we are behind the team . Some people sing because they enjoy it , some get embarressed and dont enjoy it - fair enough BUT I would argue if you can please please put the club ahead of your inhibitions and find the strength/confidence whatever it is to make you join in.

lets make Roots hall our fortress !

Wow top man paypal it to us if you have an account....Ken will keep tracks-PM me or Ken with your email addy so we know what its for.

Wonderful gesture mate.

Anyone can make donations without a PayPal account, all you need is a Debit or Credit card. Just click on the "PayPal Donate" button in Cricko or my Signatures.

I'd be going anyway but £5 a ticket is good news for all our floating supporters. Lets see if we can pack the Hall so that we have to have at least half of the North Bank as well. Spread the word and lets better the Shrewsbury atmosphere. Like the idea of a £1 a pint as well. Why don't the club reduce the programme to £1 each as well?

I'd be going anyway but £5 a ticket is good news for all our floating supporters. Lets see if we can pack the Hall so that we have to have at least half of the North Bank as well. Spread the word and lets better the Shrewsbury atmosphere. Like the idea of a £1 a pint as well. Why don't the club reduce the programme to £1 each as well?

As great as the promo is to get fans in it would be nice to still make some money.

Will be good to have a near full ground, give these players a taste of how it feels to have the town behind them and hopefully encourage them on to another win. Just hope there aren't too many kids around us, I find it very inhibiting! :blush:

Will be good to have a near full ground, give these players a taste of how it feels to have the town behind them and hopefully encourage them on to another win. Just hope there aren't too many kids around us, I find it very inhibiting! :blush:

But what better for them than to have a master class in supporting the Blues than one from you? :winking:

I seriously reckon that if this is distributed to the right places, we could be looking at a crowd of 8,500 +. That'd be fantastic for this club as that'd mean there is around 4,000 fans who've paid £5 to watch = £20,000 in the coffers.

Couldnt agree more, I buy a season card because i'm lucky enough to be able to afford it, probably because I dont smoke, gamble or get involved with loose women (chance would be a fine thing huh). Most of all I buy a season card coz I love Southend and its my way of helping as best I can.

If this offer gets loads more people in who would otherwise not have been able to, thats great by me.

A full house and hopefully win number 6 on the trot.

BANG ON mate!!!!!!!! some of you ***** need to stop ****ing moaning

Great move by the club, £5 I'll have some of that, it's been a hell of a last few weeks for me with one thing & another so it'll be a great reward for myself. I'll even try to persuade my mate to go in TBV section (normally he's staunchly middle of West).

UTB!

Back