• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Morecambe v Southend United, Tuesday 6th April 18:30, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • John White

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Nathan Ferguson

• Kyle Taylor

• Jacob Mellis

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

• Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 40 58.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

• Ricky Holmes

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 4 5.8%

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Win

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 38 55.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
And maybe the toughest away fixture for us of the season at a time when we are at a fresh low and without some influential, and imo, key players in midfield.

Without Macca and Oli what to do?

Hindsight on Wednesday will doubtless be able to correct my, or MM's team selection but I am going....

Ox

Demi, Cordner, Hobson, Clifford

Elvis, Taylor, Dieng, Hodges, ANG

Akinola.

No Emile as, again m o, the big man up top just encourages hoof and loss of possession and midfield don't get up in support to make any knock downs of use.

I await suggestions or alternative views.

Up the Blues!

I’m completely undecided on this one. But right now, I wouldn’t mind something a bit different. I don’t think Akinola is an out and out striker, his best position in my opinion is cutting in off the left as part of a front 3.

I would go for:

Oxley
Elvis, Cordner, Hobson, Clifford
Taylor, Dieng, Ferguson
ANG, Acquah, Akinola

Would quite like to see Rush involved for this one too and have gone for Elvis over Demi purely because I think Elvis can cause a few more problems in attack. Dieng as a holding midfielder, allowing Taylor and Ferguson to push forward and support the front 3.

@amsemp , for me I go with form and JD has been good at full back and the back four have been okay with him there.
Fergie has been a bit missing in action of late but maybe better than Dieng for a gritty game?
I certainly agree Akinola is not a centre forward, do we have one?

What we have tried before does not bring goals and I don't see repeating that having a different outcome.

Rush may be a choice but we are so week up top it is beyond worrying.

The only games we have won when John White didn’t start were against Scunthorpe and Grimsby when Dieng was at centre back and Olayinka started.

Demi will play in midfield for a bit of bite that means the alternative to Dieng is a back four of 22 year olds and that isn’t going to work.

Defensively Ferguson has to play which leaves 4 more.

ANG, Akinola and 2 more from RHF, Mellis and Acquah.

Without White, Olayinka and McCormack we have little hope

I'm passed caring now due to the lack of effort shown in Saturday. Bizarrely as its away I fancy us to get a result and for the hope to flood back only for it to be dashed by another inept display thereafter.

Messages of support were repaid with that display...that support should be withdrawn and Ron forced to fold the club in its current guise. That way we get our team back and the greedy idiot who is purposely sending us down with Bozo the clown in charge ends up with nothing

I’m really struggling to give a toss about this one. I can’t see anything except a defeat, even though the right set of results could (once again) transform the relegation picture.

After today's results we may be rock bottom and cant see us getting anything but a big defeat.Would like to see a team with commitment and passion after the poor performance against Carlisle.

I’m really struggling to give a toss about this one. I can’t see anything except a defeat, even though the right set of results could (once again) transform the relegation picture.
Yes, massive apathy here, feel like its all a foregone conclusion.
i have family down and would normally be politely making my excuses to go and watch it, but doesnt seem worth it.

i'll probably have a change of heart and burn a tenner making myself feel miserable again.

Could be the last few times I ever see my team in the football League.

After last Saturday I can't bring myself to watch this one. I have other depressing things happening in my life just now on a greater scale so I can do without adding to the misery.

Honestly think we have to try something different - I want someone up top who isn't afraid to run at or challenge, and I want a gritty midfield.

Oxley
Demetriou, Hobson, Cordner, Clifford
Ferguson (or Dieng)
ANG, Mellis, Holmes
Bwomono
Akinola

Back