• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Morecambe v Southend United, Tuesday 6th April 18:30, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • John White

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Nathan Ferguson

• Kyle Taylor

• Jacob Mellis

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

• Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 40 58.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

• Ricky Holmes

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 4 5.8%

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Win

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 38 55.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MM is one of those guys that just spouts utter **** and thinks it will baffle people with BS, well it has certainly has RM

This game couldn’t bring myself to watch, worst team ever playing dire football to avoid being whacked every week. Soul destroying and just can't handle it....lagging away on the TV with away commentary!

I’ll be there first game of the season in the National League, just please god MM is not in charge!

What a time to be a Southend fan!,

A win over this lot is well overdue!! They beat us earlier on in the season against our kids so we owe them one or maybe 10 lol!! But there is nothing to fear here!! We are away from home where we dont really conceed and score the odd goal.We stuffed forest green and ended there playoff push so let's do the same to this annoying little club!!

Morecambe's Mendes Gomes and Stockton have scored 20 goals between them this season. At least they lost to Cambridge on Friday, had a man sent off and missed a penalty......

A win over this lot is well overdue!! They beat us earlier on in the season against our kids so we owe them one or maybe 10 lol!! But there is nothing to fear here!! We are away from home where we dont really conceed and score the odd goal.We stuffed forest green and ended there playoff push so let's do the same to this annoying little club!!

Annoying little club? their 6th in the league so what does that make us? a little perspective wouldn't go amiss here.

Annoying little club? their 6th in the league so what does that make us? a little perspective wouldn't go amiss here.
All the clubs we once thought were small and should pick up easy points against now seem a league above us.....sobering thought when next season we're playing non league football and some of them are 2 leagues higher......Never ever did I think this club could sink so low

Bring Dieng in at the back with Hobson (Cordner has looked awful every time I've seen him play) and play a centre midfielder that can get beyond the half way line!!

And maybe the toughest away fixture for us of the season at a time when we are at a fresh low and without some influential, and imo, key players in midfield.

Without Macca and Oli what to do?

Hindsight on Wednesday will doubtless be able to correct my, or MM's team selection but I am going....

Ox

Demi, Cordner, Hobson, Clifford

Elvis, Taylor, Dieng, Hodges, ANG

Akinola.

No Emile as, again m o, the big man up top just encourages hoof and loss of possession and midfield don't get up in support to make any knock downs of use.

I await suggestions or alternative views.

Up the Blues!
I like the idea of having Elvis on the right in front of Demi.

Not sure about this lad Hodges though? Lol!!

I’d replace him with Holmes or Fergie ??

I would stick with Akinola, who I hope has a point to prove. Chance to redeem himself. I’d also give a free role to Holmes, as surely he must be match fit by now and is still the type of player who will cause problems with his movement.

Elvis and Demi on the right, Dieng back and either Fergie or Taylor in a CM role. Would like to see Rush on the bench, with possibly him and Emile coming on for Holmes and Akinola

Ox
Demi, Cordner, Hobson, Clifford
Elvis, Ferguson, Dieng, ANG
Holmes
Akinola

We just need to beat Morecambe, easy peasy!!

Slightly OT chaps, but i need to get ifollow on the lounge TV tonight, is it just a case of hdmi'ing out from a laptop? Or is there some DRM bulls hit?

Slightly OT chaps, but i need to get ifollow on the lounge TV tonight, is it just a case of hdmi'ing out from a laptop? Or is there some DRM bulls hit?
You can HDMI from a laptop. DRM mainly stops you from internet streaming more than anything

He’s like one of those irritating people we’ve all come across in our professional lives who thinks by speaking jargon and some strange form of English we can barely understand we’ll mistake him for a guru. Plain language, simple instructions, (and a plan B) and most of all 100% effort and who knows. If your simple plan is to hoof it please don’t give ‘em a 5ft 8in bloke to hoof it at.

Yes but going forward we to need have our ducks in a row and be prepared to take advantage of small margins. I don't want to set too many hares racing but if we can learn to maximise resilience at our pinch points and work on capacity building in a sustainable way going forwards then the values we have put in place and established over the last year with our new management structures will help us to achieve our shared goals and objectives whilst maintaining excellent links with the team we have working on the ground in our areas of strategic improvement. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm feeling optimistic today and reckon we will have a shotm (not on target though obviously)
We will have to retain possession and move the ball in the right direction to achieve that. I think we need to keep it realistic and I think we will enter the opposition's final third today.

Not Akinola

Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Not Akinola

Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Not Akinola

Not Akinola
Not Akinola

Subs

Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Not Akinola
Why?
No seriously, why?
He missed a penalty, but chances are we would have lost anyway.
Are there others more culpable.
Others in the top flight have been just as dire from 12 yards, and apparently this goes against the grain of spot kicks he successfully took for Barnet.
Are you suggesting Goodship or Aquah instead?

Yes but going forward we to need have our ducks in a row and be prepared to take advantage of small margins. I don't want to set too many hares racing but if we can learn to maximise resilience at our pinch points and work on capacity building in a sustainable way going forwards then the values we have put in place and established over the last year with our new management structures will help us to achieve our shared goals and objectives whilst maintaining excellent links with the team we have working on the ground in our areas of strategic improvement. Let me know if you have any questions.
Yes like you say, Lets just hope they work their socks off, the lads do ever so well and get the rub of the green.

Back