• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Morecambe v Southend United

I don't want you to go down, yes we want to finish above you each season but that is it, dropping out of the league is a completely different thing. Either of us could go down as yet but my preference is for both of us to stay up, it is much more fun when both of our clubs are vying with each other rather than having a fake rivalry with another club.

Both of us could still go down. Grimsby could overtake both of us.
It just takes a freak result or two, unwelcome injury or poor refereeing decision.

I don’t see what anything you’ve said has got anything to do with how “good” a fan someone is. Do you honestly think anyone who’s a member of a Southend United fans forum on the internet isn’t a “proper” fan? We’re down unless we start scoring goals, something we haven’t done all season so far. I’ll be ****ing amazed if we start banging them in now. Nobody wants us to go down on here apart from the Ewes and Orient fans maybe.

Judging by their forums most Ewes and O's fans don't want us to go down either. They much prefer local derbies to trips to Barrow or Grimsby.

Like wise I don't get the people who expect to be more entertained this season. No one ever escapes from the bottom of Division in December by "Entertaining". You work hard and make sure your difficult to beat. The uglier the better because everyone else is above you for a good reason. They don't care if you think your a bigger club than them, with more fans and therefore should be higher.

Someone said he would rather we lost 4-2 last night. I certainly wouldn't, a point was a good result. Yes we were poor v Carlisle but you cant then go and chase the game at Morecambe because of Saturdays poor performance. Football doesn't work like that.

Those that want amore "attacking" team got their wish on Saturday and we looked easily overrun because if they score 2 you don't score 3 just because you have more so called attacking players on the pitch. We have to score first or at least be in the game at half time.......We do not have the players who can turn games around.....It is that simple.
This season was always going to be a tough one, scrapping down the bottom.

Sadly the name Southend United doesn’t attract lower league Ronaldos just desperate to spend the peak of their careers on the Essex riviera for half the wage they could pick up elsewhere. We are where we are and we have to battle our way up. It might take years.

Both of us could still go down. Grimsby could overtake both of us.
It just takes a freak result or two, unwelcome injury or poor refereeing decision.

That could be fun to be fair, the rivalry we had with Wycombe when we were down there was interesting, most of it stirred up by the managers Martin O'neill and big Roy McD. However that would also be a tragedy for both of our clubs too!

There are several part time clubs in the national league, you may find Southend go down that route if cash is scarce and they go down. Clubs like Kings Lynn, Weymouth, Sutton (Top of the league!) Altrincham, Maidenhead, Wealdstone all have part time players. Sutton have a plastic pitch as well, the intention is to play home games at Wimbledons new stadium if they go up into the EFL.

Is TD our leading scorer? Great header-no reason MM shouldnt play him up front for the rest of the season
Dieng, a centre-back-come-midfielder and Olayinka, a midfielder and Clifford, a left back all joint op scorer with 3 each. Tells you all you need to know about why we're 2nd bottom and a horrendous goal difference.

Back