• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bigmolt

Coach
After the defeat at Aldershot P.S. has STATED he is making changes !

This is how I see it.

Goal: Bentley: Instruction. Mix kicking with quick thro. Looking for your right back and central midfielder that will be looking for the ball from you. while being aware of our 2 wingers who will be looking for space to recieve from you or our r/b-c/m.

Right back: Clohessy: Instruction. Look to receive from g/k then play as you have been, remember that we are looking to play to feet in the opposition half tho today.

Left back: Prosser. Instruction. Defend . Only hoof allowed, is into row Z of nearest stand when needed. When on the ball, look to give it to c/h c/m and l/w who will be looking for it.

Center half: Mohsni. Instruction. Look for the ball, carry it out of defence, play balls to wings and feet of our forwards. Get up in box for set pieces. follow captains instructions on positioning, keep you head.

Center half: Phillips, Captain. Instruction. Command defence, talk to team, give the ball simply to the right, or the wings, to someone near who will be looking for it from you. Hoofing is only allowed if needed, aimed into row Z of nearest stand.

Left wing: Martin. Instruction. Want the ball, demand it. Make space to receive early ball from goalie, try inter passing with m/f a little more, look to play ball at feet of strikers, and try to get crosses in a little quicker.

Right wing: Hall. Instruction. Try taking on full back a little more. Remember m/f will be running into space wanting ball from you, and look to pass to forwards feet, and dont forget their runs into space. Get up and support striker. Dont be frightened to shoot either.

Holding midfield: Timlin. Instruction. Want the ball,your the heartbeat of the team. Look to play simple balls then recieve it back, hold around center circle looking to play in wingers and feed a/m and strikers to feet. Look to cover for r/b and c/h runs into attack.

Attacking midfield: Sawyer. Instruction. Go looking for the ball, pass and run, look to get into box late and shoot, play ball to strikers feet and into space for wingers to run onto. You know how good you are . You played for England son, now's the time to show it.

Striker: Beynon. Instruction. Get in and around the penalty spot and 6yd box, the balls coming to your feet.

Striker: Harris. Instruction. Draw defenders out of position. Look to play in Hall who will be running into box and look for Sawyers late runs too.

Note to manager. Those video's of previous teams you got. Well look at the way Kevin Maher ran our midfield, and you will have the key to promotion this season. This team is as good as the one that got us up from this division last time as long as YOU let them play football. Yes play direct football when needed, but get the players that can pass to play the ball out, not the hoofers. Most of the time the ball is hoofed there is no need. There is 10-15 yards of empty pitch they could run into. Use the time you took watching those old video's to learn.
There is another way to get out of this division, other than just hoofball. You have built a good team with just a couple of exceptions for this league. We are in a good position. We have had an awfull lot of luck in games this season IMO. Now is the time to change it around a little and put trust in these players that you have signed. The time to mix it up is NOW, before its to late and we miss out on automatic promotion. Because how we are going at the min, we will be lucky to get into the lottery of the playoff's. UTB

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2012/02/343772_Southend_United.jpg

No Morris, personally its difficult what to do, Bentley might come in and do a solid job, very harsh to blame him for the goal v Torquay. If the team is going be shaken up then it seems Morris might be one of them on the bench..

A bit too attack minded in my opinion but if there are going to be some changes again then...

Coughlan in recent interviews saying he would show some passion, think the team needs that at the moment, if Coughlan isnt fit then put Mohnsi in but that is of course risky..

Hall and Martin is obvious but seems only us the fans can see it... No defense minded players but none of them are playing that well at the moment, time for something radical and go for all out attack midfield :winking:, maybe Timlin sits back further then Sawyer.

Upfront, Flood hasnt had a go yet so might aswell play him when we need a new idea, Dickinson needs time out of the team, and Benyon/Harris might get a bit more out of this with Sawyer playing... went for Benyon because im not sure how injured Harris is after last night.

I fully expect this side if picked will show a improvement, and lose 1-0.

I can't see a lot wrong with that team sufcstu. Only thing i disagree with is the score. 3-1 to us IMO

After the defeat at Aldershot P.S. has STATED he is making changes !

This is how I see it.

Goal: Bentley: Instruction. Mix kicking with quick thro. Looking for your right back and central midfielder that will be looking for the ball from you. while being aware of our 2 wingers who will be looking for space to recieve from you or our r/b-c/m.

Right back: Clohessy: Instruction. Look to receive from g/k then play as you have been, remember that we are looking to play to feet in the opposition half tho today.

Left back: Prosser. Instruction. Defend . Only hoof allowed, is into row Z of nearest stand when needed. When on the ball, look to give it to c/h c/m and l/w who will be looking for it.

Center half: Mohsni. Instruction. Look for the ball, carry it out of defence, play balls to wings and feet of our forwards. Get up in box for set pieces. follow captains instructions on positioning, keep you head.

Center half: Phillips, Captain. Instruction. Command defence, talk to team, give the ball simply to the right, or the wings, to someone near who will be looking for it from you. Hoofing is only allowed if needed, aimed into row Z of nearest stand.

Left wing: Martin. Instruction. Want the ball, demand it. Make space to receive early ball from goalie, try inter passing with m/f a little more, look to play ball at feet of strikers, and try to get crosses in a little quicker.

Right wing: Hall. Instruction. Try taking on full back a little more. Remember m/f will be running into space wanting ball from you, and look to pass to forwards feet, and dont forget their runs into space. Get up and support striker. Dont be frightened to shoot either.

Holding midfield: Timlin. Instruction. Want the ball,your the heartbeat of the team. Look to play simple balls then recieve it back, hold around center circle looking to play in wingers and feed a/m and strikers to feet. Look to cover for r/b and c/h runs into attack.

Attacking midfield: Sawyer. Instruction. Go looking for the ball, pass and run, look to get into box late and shoot, play ball to strikers feet and into space for wingers to run onto. You know how good you are . You played for England son, now's the time to show it.

Striker: Beynon. Instruction. Get in and around the penalty spot and 6yd box, the balls coming to your feet.

Striker: Harris. Instruction. Draw defenders out of position. Look to play in Hall who will be running into box and look for Sawyers late runs too.

Note to manager. Those video's of previous teams you got. Well look at the way Kevin Maher ran our midfield, and you will have the key to promotion this season. This team is as good as the one that got us up from this division last time as long as YOU let them play football. Yes play direct football when needed, but get the players that can pass to play the ball out, not the hoofers. Most of the time the ball is hoofed there is no need. There is 10-15 yards of empty pitch they could run into. Use the time you took watching those old video's to learn.
There is another way to get out of this division, other than just hoofball. You have built a good team with just a couple of exceptions for this league. We are in a good position. We have had an awfull lot of luck in games this season IMO. Now is the time to change it around a little and put trust in these players that you have signed. The time to mix it up is NOW, before its to late and we miss out on automatic promotion. Because how we are going at the min, we will be lucky to get into the lottery of the playoff's. UTB

WHAT?????

Comparing like with like using the players who have played/played the most I come up with 2 better and 1 equal in this team compared with that.

Flahavan > Morris
Jupp < Clohessey
Prior > Phillips
Barrett > Barker
Wilson > Gilbert (not hard)
Pettefer < Timlin
Maher > Kalala
Bentley = Ferdinand
Gower > Hall
Eastwood > Dickinson
Gray > Harris

Although, I haven't included Mohsni and he is better than all of them in all positions :)

WHAT?????

Comparing like with like using the players who have played/played the most I come up with 2 better and 1 equal in this team compared with that.
8 Flahavan > Morris 5
6 Jupp < Clohessey 8
8 Prior > Phillips 6
7 Barrett > Barker 5
6 Wilson > Gilbert (not hard) 3
5 Pettefer < Timlin 6
9 Maher > Kalala 4
6 Bentley = Ferdinand 6
8 Gower > Hall 7
8 Eastwood > Dickinson 5
6 Gray > Harris 7

Although, I haven't included Mohsni and he is better than all of them in all positions :)

Put on paper like that I have to totally agree with you. Tilly's team is a lot better. I have added my ratings to each player from both squads and Tilly's win 77/62.
But by playing the ball to feet and not just hoofing for the sake of it, today's squad, if the right personell are picked could get us up. IMO if we keep playing the way we are we will be very lucky to even get into playoff's. Let alone getting to playoff final and winning it. UTB

Gilbert and JPK certianly have to make away, they are both very poor footballers unable to find a blue shirt most of the time.
Prosser to left back, Kane in with Timlin.
Would go 2 up top, maybe Bilel with Harris or Benyon. Give Dicko a rest. Hall and Martin on the wings. Attack Attack Attack!

If we play to his strengths, Harris will score. He hasn't become a bad player overnight
I'd say a year is a bit more than overnight, I'm sure Harris if given an extended period in the squad could start scoring, but it's unlikely he would do it straight away, which is what we need right now.

WHAT?????

Flahavan > Morris
Jupp < Clohessey
Prior > Phillips
Barrett > Barker
Wilson > Gilbert (not hard)
Pettefer < Timlin
Maher > Kalala
Bentley = Ferdinand
Gower > Hall
Eastwood > Dickinson
Gray > Harris

Put on paper like that I have to totally agree with you. Tilly's team is a lot better. I have added my ratings to each player from both squads and Tilly's win 77/62.
But by playing the ball to feet and not just hoofing for the sake of it, today's squad, if the right personell are picked could get us up. IMO if we keep playing the way we are we will be very lucky to even get into playoff's. Let alone getting to playoff final and winning it. UTB

Going to have to disagree with you there. I don't think we have the personnel to play any other way....certainly of the eleven listed there are only 3 or 4 I'd be comfortable with in a "footballing" side, and that includes Harris who I am basing that opinion solely on historic performances....though I appreciate maybe Grant for Kalala or Ferdinand would improve that.

Like it or not this squad has been assembled with the sole purpose of playing this way. We are stuck with it.

Morecambe have been in a slump for months now, although good result vs creepies yesterday. I reckon we will see Prosser back at lb, hall timlin grant and mosh in midfield and dicko up front with Sampson. Massive team and hit it long, grant winning free kicks and hall delivering.

Coughlin, Kalala, martin, sturrock and Ferdinand benched

Hopefully Ron forks out for a more in form keeper before then though, even if it's for a month, it's a massive month

Shrimp Derby!

8Hi all,

Morecambe fan here looking forward to another shrimp derby at the weekend, after we have thrashed Crawley of course.

Yoy may remember me as the ed of Vital Morecambe (www.morecambe.vitalfootball.co.uk if you want to check us out).

I've always found you lot to be a friendly bunch to often like to get some fan interviews in ahead of the game to be used on the website.

So here are a few mock questions if any of you fancy it.

What are your thoughts of the season so far/ expectations for the rest of the season?

Who is the one player in you team Morecambe need to keep an eye on?

What do you feel is the main reason Southend are doing so well uder Paul Sturrock?

Prediction for the game?

Feel free to add any other Q&A's and don't forget if you visit the website you can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook where there we be a match preview and report of the game.

If you do answer the question you can either just post a reply and I will pick them up on here or e-mail them to morecambe@vitalfootball.co.uk If u could try and get your answers in before 8PM Friday that would be great.

Thanks and COME ON YOU SHRIMPS!!!

P.S. hope mods are ok with this!

Ill go for a 2-1 win with Harris if fit and Sampson getting on the scoresheet.

If there are going to be changes id like to see,

Morris
Clohessy
Phillips
Barker / Coughlan
Prosser
Hall
Timlin
Grant
Moshni
Sampson
Harris if unfit Benyon

Bench

Bentley, Baldwin, Martin, Ferdinand, Sturrock

P.S. hope mods are ok with this!

Of course. Welcome to the board. Feel free to stick around.

Some of your questions might produce some weird answers but it'll be interesting to see what comes out if people can answer them at face value!

Be great if you could answer some of your own questions from a Morecambe perspective too.

We seem to be getting back into form recently, we are unbeaten in 3. Expecting a close game with us almost being at full strengh after getting a couple of players back from injury. Going to predict a 2-2 draw with Morecambe coming from 2-1 down.

Back