• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimps Fan, as long as you don't act like the 3 or 4 numptie Aldershot fans that we have had to endure on here, then welcome.

Cheers mate. Out of interest how many fans are you bringing up here? It's been a while since we had a team bringing a decent away following.

Hi there,

Although some would disagree after recent results our season has gone far better than expected, Good signings for the team at the beginning of the season and quick business done in January. We have thrown away a bit of a gap but we are still in there top 3.
I expect us to finish in the top 3 come the end of the season but we need to stop this little inconsistent rut we are in.

Players to watch
(6) Bilel Moshni - by trade he is a centre back however we tend to use him more on the right wing or upfront
(26) Jack Sampson - young striker on loan from Bolton yet to see a goal from him but he is hungry and wants to do well in his last month.

Paul Sturrock has always had his teams play the style of football we are playing now and although most dont enjoy and dont find it entertaining it is what has kept us in the hunting pack for that top spot. The players have been dropped on a number of occassions after poor performances so they know where they stand with him.

We need to bounce back after our awful display at Aldershot so Im predicting a 2-1 Southend win with goals from Jack Sampson and Neil Harris if fit.

Enjoy the game

Shrimps Fan,

After your good point at Creepy on Tuesday what are your predictions for the game?

You had a very good start to the season but have slipped away after a bit of a slump, what are your fans aspirations for the season now?

Who is your dangerman now? D.Carlton run us ragged last season is he still the dangerman

I hope we take an early lead but after doing this we always tend to sit back so maybe we should go 1-0 down and come back and win it 2-1

We seem to be getting back into form recently, we are unbeaten in 3. Expecting a close game with us almost being at full strengh after getting a couple of players back from injury. Going to predict a 2-2 draw with Morecambe coming from 2-1 down.

Cheers mate. Out of interest how many fans are you bringing up here? It's been a while since we had a team bringing a decent away following.

One on his way from Cornwall - I'm halfway there currently, on the Stella in the Tewkesbury Travelodge Bar. Looking forward to my first trip to Morecambe. Next stop Southport tomorrow.

See, now, it takes another club's supporter to come on here and say that we are doing well under Sturrock. This is the perception of other people, it is only our own supporters that seem to think otherwise!

Shrimps fan, you're more than welcome, clearly a genuine football supporter rather than one of the WUMs that we've had on recently from Aldersh*t. Thoughts of the season? Well, of course we went on a great unbeaten run early on in the season but unfortunately that form has petered out, still I fully expect us to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. We just need to recapture some of that early form. Top 3, although play offs wouldn't be the end of the world. Sturrock has a proven track record at this level and he needs the team to play to his game plan which is what worked well earlier on.

Players to watch? Bilel Mohsni, who can be both angel and demon, depending on which side of him is to the fore! He has pretty much acquired cult status, especially since being moved out from central defence into a more attacking role. On his day he can be virtually unplayable, but he is also prone to walk a tightrope with refs due to his wholeheartedness. Michael Timlin, who organises the midfield and is capable of some great forward running. Ryan Hall, should be our star player but has been a bit lacklustre recently and finally Mark Phillips, one of our top scorers this season. And for a centre back that's quite impressive - you'll need to watch out for him at corners, of course, pay him too much attention and Bilel or Liam Dickinson will reap the benefits instead!

I predict a return to winning ways on the road - we've got the 2nd best away record in the country still I believe, 2nd only to Charlton - 2-1 for me.

Morecambe player to look out for Phil Jevons who always seems to do something against us, last time he had the good grace to get sent off, so I'm hoping he'll do the same tomorrow.

Last edited:
To honest whoever PS plays if they show the same endever as the Aldershot game, we will get our butts kicked. On the other hand, if the players turn up wanting the ball, then we might just get a result. If its the former, then i do believe time is starting to run out for PS, i really cant see RM letting these awfull performaces go on much longer

Morecambe player to look out for Phil Jevons who always seems to do something against us, last time he had the good grace to get sent off, so I'm hoping he'll do the same tomorrow.
Yes, Jevons nearly always scores against us, though I believe he missed the Crawley game through injury. Maybe shrimpsfan could update us on whether he'll be fit for tomorrow? (Obviously I hope he isn't!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly thanks to the couple of fans who contributed to the article to the article for the Vital Morecambe website - http://www.morecambe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=273974 Right, you won't have any trouble caused by Jevons he's not scored since October and missed a couple of sitters in our last home game V Macclesfield, once an absolute shocker! He should be fit to play and was only left out of the Crawley game after picking up a knock in the previous game. The player you really want to be keeping an eye on is Jordan Burrow. He's only 19 and was signed on a free transfer in January from Chesterfield as 'one for the future'. despite this he's gone stright into the first team and put in some very good performances and it took to be only a batter of time before he finds this scoring boots. Our home form is diabolical this season which is very much the opposite to our away form where we have only lost 3 leauge games this season. Also we just don't do 0-0 draw, we have had 1 in 70 odd league games so expect Saturday to be the same. 250 would not be a bad away following as Macclesfield only brought around 150 in our last home game and we have Dagenham at home on Tuesday so there will prob be more players on the pitch than there are Daggers fans in the ground for that game!

I reckon a draw might be the best we can manage today,so i'll go 1-1,team wise,Prosser and Hall may be the changes.UTB

What Clohessey should do more is when he's in his crossing area, he should go for a shot every now and then. Reason why the keeper knows that he will cross it 9/10 times, so the keeper is more to his far post. What's stopping SC just taking a shot and catching the keeper out? The next chance SC will get the keeper won't know where to stand near or far post. Mixes it up a bit again!

Back