• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
A week to go and we get the Shrimps to our house of the Shrimpers.
Bits have been written already about out dreadful record against them & also what a pain in the arse Ellison can be.
Sampson also scored his only "worldy" against us"..........never again to be repeated!
Can we make it 5 from 5?
Will PB stick with the same 11?
Will Lenny be fit for selection?
This is another judgement game for Brown's Boys.

I am thinking same again but maybe if fit Lenny for CC.

If the Shrimpers get the three points against the Shrimps, then what with the poor record, you've got to start believing this is Southend's year - especially as last match is the return fixture. Winning breeds confidence and that belief, so I'd say this is a great time to play them. You wouldn't want to go away to play Southend at the moment!
Looking forward to my very first visit at my new local club.

True - no-one would choose to come to Roots Hall when we have won the last 5 but if there is a particular bogey team in the division then perhaps it is Morecambe.

And that Ellison is a player that seems to be able to score (and create) against us and many other teams. The away game loss last season turned when Ellison capitalised on a mix up in our defence and we (Southend) were never in the game after that in what was one of the our poorest displays.

Whilst it would be interesting to hear of progress of Timlin and Lenny, I suspect that both the starting XI and the subs bench will be largely (if not completely) unchanged.

Our record against Morecambe in the League is absolutely and utterly dreadful.... 7 defeats and one draw out of eight games. Good grief!!

It's really important that we beat Morecambe this time, and beat them well, because things could be really tight at the end of the season. Who are we playing in our final match............. we're away to Morecambe. We need to get on top of them psychologically - who ever heard of shrimps constantly outwitting shrimpers???

Our record against Morecambe in the League is absolutely and utterly dreadful.... 7 defeats and one draw out of eight games. Good grief!!

It's really important that we beat Morecambe this time, and beat them well, because things could be really tight at the end of the season. Who are we playing in our final match............. we're away to Morecambe. We need to get on top of them psychologically - who ever heard of shrimps constantly outwitting shrimpers???

You're not wrong. I said you're not wrong.

If fit after illness then a place on the bench will surely be found for Worrall. May be a tad early for Lenny and Tims.

Was watching the under 18s game Saturday morning and Leonard was out there doing some fitness training and didn't look like he was struggling. No need to risk him so doubt he will feature.

Was watching the under 18s game Saturday morning and Leonard was out there doing some fitness training and didn't look like he was struggling. No need to risk him so doubt he will feature.

I'm not a medical man but my knowledge of ham-strings is that it is so very easy to think the injury is healed ...... only for the injury to reoccur once back in the action of a game.

So I agree - no need to risk him. Best to take time and build strength again - although this will no doubt be very frustrating to Leonard.

yeh we might as well wait untill he is 100% as we have strength in depth this season, not a lot of sides in league two have this, competition for places is strong and everyone wants to start this season, long may it continue:smile:

True - no-one would choose to come to Roots Hall when we have won the last 5 but if there is a particular bogey team in the division then perhaps it is Morecambe.

And that Ellison is a player that seems to be able to score (and create) against us and many other teams. The away game loss last season turned when Ellison capitalised on a mix up in our defence and we (Southend) were never in the game after that in what was one of the our poorest displays.

Whilst it would be interesting to hear of progress of Timlin and Lenny, I suspect that both the starting XI and the subs bench will be largely (if not completely) unchanged.
Wouldnt mind betting that Jack Bridge is not on the bench Saturday.

Brown can't and won't field anything other than an unchanged side. Having the likes of Leonard, Timlin, Bolger and Worrall all fighting to get back into the side is pretty incredible. If there was ever a time to finally end our dreadful history against Morecambe, this is it!

The fact that we have Smith bolger mads timlin atkinson timlin worrall leonard barney and corr currently not in the side shows how much quality we have as most of those players would get games in most if not all of the teams in this division.

Great stuff

The fact that we have Smith bolger mads timlin atkinson timlin worrall leonard barney and corr currently not in the side shows how much quality we have as most of those players would get games in most if not all of the teams in this division. Great stuff
yep about time we had good competition for starting places

The fact that we have Smith bolger mads timlin atkinson timlin worrall leonard barney and corr currently not in the side shows how much quality we have as most of those players would get games in most if not all of the teams in this division.

Great stuff

I agree.
And Coker

If the Shrimpers get the three points against the Shrimps, then what with the poor record, you've got to start believing this is Southend's year - especially as last match is the return fixture. Winning breeds confidence and that belief, so I'd say this is a great time to play them. You wouldn't want to go away to play Southend at the moment!
Looking forward to my very first visit at my new local club.

Shows you haven't been around long, its never that easy here :smile:

Having that as our last game of the season is concerning and hope we arent reliant on that one for anything major!

Although the previous poster did name Timlin twice !

Maybe because Timlin is schizophrenic? More importantly, the Echo today reckons Leonard could well be fit for Saturday. On the bench for him, or who drops out?

Back