• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Browns Ghost

Youth Team
Hi, Its seems to have been hidden a bit, but managed to find out that Adam Thompson has joined Bury, also noticed we haven't signed anyone yet...

So for you non Mathematicians that reads

6 departed
1 in prison
0 signings that's 0 Signings.....

anymore questions , please don't hesitate to ask, ill see what I can find out

I am a mathematician so can agree with your sums. I also studied history and this happens pretty much every year. I did economics for a while too and realise keeping some of those 6 would mean we can't both recruit and balance the books. And in the more generic lessons in primary school they teach that June is 2 months before August.

Also note that similar happened last season, we were **** for the first 12 games and ultimately the start (and end) of the season cost us a play off place at least. Think people have right to be concerned, but also we mustn't panic. However, losing out of contract players that you really want to keep makes it that bit harder to recruit as you end up needing to sign more new players than you had hoped for and equally of a high standard. Needing 6 or 7 of the right quality rather than 3 or 4 to add to the quality already here will be far harder. Don't be surprised to see Anton somewhere else as well from what I've heard

Beginning to look like a huge rebuilding job rather than adding a couple of extra bits of quality.

Dont see Millwall with this issue do you? All that rubbish on here about being too soon to go up?

If Ferdinand, and Lenny go as well, with Ranger in Prison, we are right royally ******

I am a mathematician so can agree with your sums. I also studied history and this happens pretty much every year. I did economics for a while too and realise keeping some of those 6 would mean we can't both recruit and balance the books. And in the more generic lessons in primary school they teach that June is 2 months before August.

I think the biggest problem is the Chemistry withing the changing room. One of Adam Thompsons best mates at the club was Luke Prosser and look how Phil Brown singled him out and got rid of him suddenly. The same thing happened to Bolger + now seemingly Jack Bridge .... little wonder players try to better themselves with stability when there is so much uncertainty here ... Its a no brainer to get away from all the walking on eggshells incase you say the wrong thing and are the next scapegoat to be shunned.

Yep, the familiar Club pattern is underway. 14 clubs already well ahead of the game in their planning and making signings. Peterborough as ever underway with 5, 2 from non league. Even if it doesnt pay off in terms of promotion, the few million they make regularly on non leaugers keeps the cupboard nice and full. Northampton picked up 4 and as others have said Bury could be strong with their 4 decent signings. Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Shrewsbury and Doncaster all snapped up their first couple. Roll on August for our early settling in of the squad, so we can be up and running and in fine full pre season fettle training mode

Beginning to look like a huge rebuilding job rather than adding a couple of extra bits of quality.

Dont see Millwall with this issue do you? All that rubbish on here about being too soon to go up?

If Ferdinand, and Lenny go as well, with Ranger in Prison, we are right royally ******

Lennys on his way, Lenny agent has told Millwall what he wants, now its up to the clubs to agree a fee, Ron is playing the bidding game hoping to drive the price up with Sheff U & Millwall, Bolton aren't in the picture at the mo, same guy who told me about Worrell going to Millwall 3 weeks before it was announced, which I posted on SZ & no one believed it, has now told me this, & he is now part of the Millwall set up himself.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back