• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who goes in the summer?

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
With Danny Bentley being offered a Pro deal. I think that spells the end for one of our GK's at least.

So, we haven't had one of these for a while!

Who would you show the door to this summer?

Morris or Evans? or would you like to keep both on the books?..

Last edited:
Morris is the more assured of the two in my opinion, but that doesn't mean that Evans is a poor choice. Morris #1 though.

Lol! I went for the easy and completely un-****-up-able option of keeping them both!

Yorkie Blue (MODS), please minus 2 on Morris and plus 2 on Evans.

Last edited:
If we have the financial resources i would keep both - starting with Morris as 1st choice but don't have a problem with Evans. also consider this - if we are pushing for promotion next year or fighting relegation and our 1st choice keeper is injured are we saying Bentley is ready to properly step up yet?

Careful Kay, you might get splinters up on that fence.:whistling:
I don't sit on the fence Scott, you should know that by now! I just think if we can afford both, then I'm more than happy to have them both stay next season...what's that popular word they use in the Premiership.........rotation? :winking:

I don't sit on the fence Scott, you should know that by now! I just think if we can afford both, then I'm more than happy to have them both stay next season...what's that popular word they use in the Premiership.........rotation? :winking:

With Bentley being offered a contract I think one of Morris and Evans will be off. Personally I would keep Morris but if he were to get injured or suspended I'd expect us to get a GK on loan. Bentley is only a young lad and probably not ready for the Football League, especially as a keeper you might never come back from a bad mistake at that age.

Evans has got to go purely for health reasons as I might actually have a heart attack if I watch him in goal again. Morris is the better keeper and I think his performances this season back that up, I've lost count the amount of saves he's made that have guaranteed us a point and in a couple of cases have meant that we take all 3 points.

if we are pushing for promotion next year or fighting relegation and our 1st choice keeper is injured are we saying Bentley is ready to properly step up yet?

IMO, yes he is.

Want to elaborate - as I know nothing about him - hence why I asked the question.

Well I've seen him a couple of times this season playing for the youths, he seems more composed than Evans, commands his area and the back four well and is very loud so he knows the back four can hear him. I would also say from what I've seen that his aerial ability is a lot better than Evans and always makes sure if he's coming to catch the ball from a corner/cross that he actually commits and doesn't go halfway and find himself stranded. I think he's also slightly taller than Evans and I've always preferred taller keepers.

Back