• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fitz

Exiled Kent Shrimper
Hi

i have now done 62 of the 92 grounds watching Southend....and looking to do the 92, has to be watching Southend...not any random games....realise I could be nearly 100 by the time we draw Arsenal in the FA Cup....what is the most amount of grounds anyone has done watching Southend of the current 92 clubs?

Emirates, Old Trafford, Etihad, King Power and the AMEX are the only grounds I can think off we have not played at?

We have played at the king power in the championship in 2008, was called the walkers stadium back then though I think.

As it stands, I've seen Southend play in 44 of the current 92 League grounds. I've seen them play in several more not in the current 92 and also been to a few to see teams other than Southend!

It all depends how you classify it...

137 Grounds watching Southend - this includes non-league and Grounds where clubs have moved
132 League Grounds - Any ground that was ever a league ground, even if not watching Southend
85 of the current 92 League clubs I have seen Southend play at
76 of the current 92 league stadiums I have seen Southend play at

Love a list....

Pretty sure we havent played at Emirates, Cardiff City Stadium, Etihad, Old Trafford, AMEX, Riverside, Villa Park or The Hive

Last edited:
Hi

i have now done 62 of the 92 grounds watching Southend....and looking to do the 92, has to be watching Southend...not any random games....realise I could be nearly 100 by the time we draw Arsenal in the FA Cup....what is the most amount of grounds anyone has done watching Southend of the current 92 clubs?

Emirates, Old Trafford, Etihad, King Power and the AMEX are the only grounds I can think off we have not played at?

We've never played Arsenal home or away in a competitive match. Law of averages therefore suggest that you maybe younger than 100 before it happens. However, we need to reach at least the third round of the FA Cup, or the Holy Grail before it happens! :winking:

Ps Arsenal have never played outside the top tier of English football.

In all honesty I cannot remember how many but on and off for the last 35 years I have racked them up. This includes various youth team games away.
There are a few of us that decided on the way to one of the dreary northern away games where mid table obscurity and turgid football was rife that we would watch the Aston Villa vs Wimbledon game from the away end to tick off a new ground.
the Dons fans looked confused to see us wearing our Southend Colours there.

of all the people I know or have known I would expect the likes of Charlie Benson etc to be topping the pile. I doubt even Phil cox comes close. Apologies to those old timers I don't know who have been there and seen them all

Using 'Magnum's' template :-

72 Grounds watching Southend - this includes non-league and Grounds where clubs have moved (I'm including Macclesfield Town, where I saw Southend play Chester City)
64 of the current 92 League clubs I have seen Southend play at
39 of the current 92 league stadiums I have seen Southend play at

I just top Magnum with 142 grounds watching Southend United (does not include any friendlies).

Since going to my first away game back in the day, I have missed the opportunity of adding 6 more, namely Barrow, Wealdstone, Manchester City (Maine Road), Newcastle United, Wigan (DW Stadium), and Bolton (Macron Stadium). The Man City and Wealdstone grounds have both now gone, but I hope to notch the other 4 at some point, plus the other 9 grounds we have yet to play in the current 92 (Magnum missed out the London Stadium).

Arsenal were called Dial Square at first.

They were relegated in 1913 but the First World War started before the football season of 1914. When the league re-started, Arsenal were left in the top division so, although relegated officially, they never played in Division Two.

....sorry Magnum, there is another ground we haven't played at in the current 92, namely the Madejski Stadium, making 10 in all.

118 Grounds watching Southend - this includes all grounds where we have a played a recognised competitive first team fixtures It does not include friendlies either as a supporter or match official.
133 League Grounds - Any ground that was ever a league ground, even if not watching Southend
87 of the current 92 League clubs I have seen Southend play at (Arsenal, Villa, Liverpool, Man United and, bizarrely, QPR being the missing ones)
75 of the current 92 league stadiums I have seen Southend play at

I have seen all 92 English League clubs play a home fixture in the League, League Cup or FA Cup and of the new grounds I've yet to tick off 8 (Man C, Swansea, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Reading, Derby and Middlesbrough - though strangely I have visited them all for non football stuff). I've also visited all the current Scottish League grounds (on my honeymoon too.)

Back