• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most annoying British Nation

Most annoying British Nation - Take your pick

• Sweatys - Always smacked out of it on heroin.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paddys - Toothless simpletons.

• Taffs - Violent and thick in equally worrying measures.

• All the nations are good people.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
For me the British Isles and the Union Jack is a bit of a joke as basically it seems to me that all the other participants seem to hate us. Nothing seems to bring the other British nations together more than their hatred of good old England.

My question today is who are the most annoying of them all.For me its Taffs all the way.

My dislike for Scots has largely dwindled since I was a kid. In those days I used to think of them as rivals, where as nowadays I just see them as a comedy nation.

Paddys really annoy me as they all go on how great Ireland is and how much they love it yet they all live here. I get really annoyed with all the fakes Irish people that come out on St Patricks day and claim to be Irish as their grandad once had a w&nk in Belfast.

But worst of all is the taffs. I have never seen a more insular nation in my life. I hate the way they are all so proud to be Welsh when in my book having the surname Hitler would give me greater pride. I find it a joke that you have to pay to get into Wales and yet its free to leave.

Swansea and Cardiff really are my two most hated clubs bar local rivals. I can honestly say I hate everything about Wales from their stupid accents right through to Charlotte Church.

Your thought please.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2006,10:59)]Paddys really annoy me as they all go on how great Ireland is and how much they love it yet they all live here. I get really annoyed with all the fakes Irish people that come out on St Patricks day and claim to be Irish as their grandad once had a w&nk in Belfast.
The Irish for me, based on that observation of yours alone. I'm actually half-Irish and I've never celebrated Paddy's day in my life.

I've found the Welsh to be OK people largely and I have no problem with the Scottish at all.

Welsh for me!
Far more anti-English sentiment was apparent during my 3 trips to Cardiff than I've enocuntered in 6+ years of living north of the border!

I'd still do young Charlotte though, be a challenge to see what octive I could get her to scream at
tounge.gif

Irish for me.
Make out they're everyones best mate, then stab them in the back. Most two faced race I've come across.
Nigerians run them a close second but they're not part of the U.K.
Having said that, anyone been to Grays recently?
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2006,10:59)]But worst of all is the taffs. I have never seen a more insular nation in my life. I hate the way they are all so proud to be Welsh when in my book having the surname Hitler would give me greater pride. I find it a joke that you have to pay to get into Wales and yet its free to leave.
Bizarre that one Dave and proof that the Welsh are stupid!!

If they charged you to get out of Wales rather than in, you would pay whatever the f%ck they wanted you to just to get out of that place!!

I reckon the Welsh and Scots for me in equal measures.

Why they can get away with being so proud of their countries is beyond me frankly!!

I've never celebrated Paddy's day and will not make an effort to until we as English celebrate our own patron Saint's day!!

Sorry to be a pedant, but the Irish are not British - not even the Protestant Northern ones. They are Irish, form whichever side of the border they come from. Great Britain consists of three nations - England, Scotland and Wales. Note it is the United Kingdom of Great Britain AND Northern Ireland.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Nov. 28 2006,13:45)]Sorry to be a pedant, but the Irish are not British - not even the Protestant Northern ones. They are Irish, form whichever side of the border they come from. Great Britain consists of three nations - England, Scotland and Wales. Note it is the United Kingdom of Great Britain AND Northern Ireland.
No-one likes a smart arse.
blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2006,14:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 28 2006,13:43)]irish.. for obvious reasons
Examples please.
no.. do not want to compromise my membership on the board..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 28 2006,14:05)]
[b said:
[b said:
Examples please.
Poor show. southendstrett, hexagon_sun and DtS all gave their reasons....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2006,14:06)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Examples please.
but they are them..

i am me, and you and many others detest me and my views..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Nov. 28 2006,13:45)]Sorry to be a pedant, but the Irish are not British - not even the Protestant Northern ones. They are Irish, form whichever side of the border they come from. Great Britain consists of three nations - England, Scotland and Wales. Note it is the United Kingdom of Great Britain AND Northern Ireland.
I could be wrong - but I think in fact YOU are wrong, C C C Siders... (remember, I said I could be wrong, please feel free to correct!)

Great Britain is so called because it is the larger (great meaning big in this instance) of the British Isles, of which Ireland is the lesser...

upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 28 2006,14:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2006,14:06)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Examples please.
but they are them..

i am me, and you and many others detest me and my views..
Diddums J, no-one likes a victim

tounge.gif

You know thats a load of old cods anyway, as we've gone to great lengths to tell you!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 28 2006,14:49)]Where's the option for all of them?..
Hence why it was called MOST annoying Smiffy.....

If I had wanted that poll I would have just run one called "Do you hate the rest of Britain".  
mad.gif

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2006,14:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 28 2006,14:49)]Where's the option for all of them?..
Hence why it was called MOST annoying Smiffy.....

If I had wanted that poll I would have just run one called Do you hate the rest of Britain.
mad.gif
mad.gif
the blokes an idiot isn't he..

Back