• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most annoying Ferdinand?

Ferdinands

• Rio - What a waste of breath.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Anton - Spammer with no talent and loves himself.

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Duke Franz Ferdinand of Croatia - Silly tit.

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Franz Ferdinand - Hate their music.

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
....and the event in question was the catalyst for world war ONE.

And that it was not a horse drawn carraige against his advisors ,

It was in Sarajevo though (modern Bosnia) although it was Austria at the time
On June 28, 1914, at approximately 11:00 am, Franz Ferdinand and his wife were killed in Sarajevo, the capital of the Austro-Hungarian province of Bosnia and Herzegovina, by Gavrilo Princip, a member of Young Bosnia and one of several (seven) assassins organized by The Black Hand (Crna Ruka). The event, known as the Assassination in Sarajevo, was the trigger of World War I. Franz and Sophie had previously been attacked when a bomb was thrown at their car. It missed them, but many civilians were injured. Franz Ferdinand and Sophie both insisted on going to see all those injured at the hospital. As a result of this, Princip saw them and shot Sophie, who died instantly. Franz Ferdinand was shot in the jugular and took a few minutes to die. The assassinations, along with the arms race, nationalism and the alliance system all contributed to the beginning of World War I, which began less than two months after Franz Ferdinand's death, with Austria-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia.

Met Anton Ferdinand in Embassy in Mayfair, absolute ****! Most arrogant ****er I have ever met, he had the whole I am a footballer attitude.

Mind you same night an even bigger ****er was in the club, THE ONE THE ONLY Callum Best (Most pointless 'celeb' ever).

Anton by a long shot...

When things don't go his way, there has been a rare occasion where Rio has come out and held his hands up, like after the World Cup when he came out and said they'd let the country down.

Anton has been, by all accounts, at the centre of the self destruction of West Ham earlier on this season with Reo-Coker, which albeit commendable considering the club, is shocking for a footballer. Also, using the excuse "I'm going to visit my nan, who's gravely ill" in order to shoot off to New Orleans to party for his Birthday is completely detestable and he should've been severely disciplined by the club... and would've been if they werent in such a plight.

Yes it has to be Anton Ferdinand. How the FA allowed two species of Ferdinand into the game I will never know, esp ones as unfortunate looking as them. Bit like the Nevilles, how comes all these brothers are wronguns, where are the Beckham brothers and the Owen brothers.....

Met Anton Ferdinand in Embassy in Mayfair, absolute ****! Most arrogant ****er I have ever met, he had the whole I am a footballer attitude.

Mind you same night an even bigger ****er was in the club, THE ONE THE ONLY Callum Best (Most pointless 'celeb' ever).

Ive met Rio back in the days when he and Frank Lampard were at Wet Spam. Frank was lovely, really polite, but Rio was a bit simple. Good footie player, but no, something aint right there....

All this thread has really proven is that I need to do some more research before making historical related posts I think.

Yes it has to be Anton Ferdinand. How the FA allowed two species of Ferdinand into the game I will never know, esp ones as unfortunate looking as them. Bit like the Nevilles, how comes all these brothers are wronguns, where are the Beckham brothers and the Owen brothers.....

Don't know about the Beckhams, but Micheal Owen's brother is currently injured. No suprise there then, must run in the family.

We really need a "Get Your Coat" smiley. :D

Poor old Rio.

You know he dances on the sand, just like that river twisting through a dusty land........

I've gone for Anton on the basis that whilst both brothers are vanden plas strokers, Rio Ferdinand is actually a world class defender.

On the other hand maybe you dislike Arch Duke Ferdinand of Croatia. Had he not been such a show off and decided to go on on a parade in a horse drawn carrage against his security adviors wishes then some idiots may say the 1st world war may never have happened.

Point of order: It was Archduke Ferdinand, heir to the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. He was assasinated in Sarajavo, Bosnia-Hercegovina on 28 June 1914. He did not go on "a parade in a horse-drawn carriage" but was in fact en-route to Sarajevo hospital to visit those caught up in a previous assassination attempt earlier that morning. According to Wikipedia, he was riding being driven in 1911 Gräf & Stift Rois De Blougne tourer when he was shot in the neck by Bosnian Gavrilo Princip. The assassination sparked two months of intense diplomatic activity before Austria-Hungary finally declared war on Serbia on 28 July 1914. Within weeks all the major powers of Europe had picked a side and World War I - the "Great War" - began ...

Anton wins by a mile.

Rio is a half decent centre half, one of the best in England whereas Anton is shockingly bad.

Rio. Complete ****. Obviously his pathetic showing that he's all talk and no action with the table tennis malarky with Tilly hasn't helped opinions!

Both complete c***s. But Rio's habitual 'merking' is pipped at the post by Anton having shagged Keeley Hazell. The lucky ****. :mad:

Back