• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
The Home Office released its annual football arrests and banning orders stats on Friday and I was surprised to see that we had the most arrests in League Two last season with 23, even though we only had 3 banning orders. 22 of them were at home so I'm guessing the Luton and Cambridge games accounted for a big chunk of them.

If you're interested you can download the stats here: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/football-related-arrests-and-banning-orders-season-2014-to-2015

I think you have to take this games in isolation to SOME extent. But then again, everyone else managed to play them home and away without any real trouble!

I think you have to take this games in isolation to SOME extent. But then again, everyone else managed to play them home and away without any real trouble!

Yeah but these idiots pick their games, the old grandad hooligans have a romantic vision of a jolly up by the seaside and all the cliches the stone island brigade love

Not a stat to be proud of..................:blush:
no it's not , but depends on what the specific offences are for, fighting outside , pitch encroachment or a stag party all drunk and disorderly are differing matters ....

Do these stats include the Railway incident? If not when does a it cease to be football related. Is it time or distance from the ground?

no it's not , but depends on what the specific offences are for, fighting outside , pitch encroachment or a stag party all drunk and disorderly are differing matters ....

17 were for violent disorder which is shameful to say the least.

We normally have a really good record. Not sure whether it was the cavemen coming out of the woodwork for the big games?

Were they home or away supporters (I would suggest a pretty critical question?)

17 were for violent disorder which is shameful to say the least.
ok struggling to defend that... Just wanted to make the point it depended on what it was for, sensational headlines sometimes need further looking at , but this one seems a little more clear cut

Big difference between being arrested and charged...innocent until Shrimperzone proves you guilty and all that.

:finger2:

I agree with Napster...you are all ok to glamourise the old rivalry with Col U but when it's modern days it's an issue.

Maybe the local :pig: are just a bit too keen to arrest without any proof of involvement...

Maybe our OB are less tolerant others?
Many other reasons could be involved, I'm not reading anything into this.

ok struggling to defend that... Just wanted to make the point it depended on what it was for, sensational headlines sometimes need further looking at , but this one seems a little more clear cut

But the numbers were in the link provided.

I've been going to football for a very long time and never once have I come close to being arrested. I have gone since my teens and every decade since. I've never even felt the need to get arrested so I don't understand why others get in that situation. Mind you, I played at a reasonable standard for years and never got booked so maybe I'm just a bit weird.

I've been going to football for a very long time and never once have I come close to being arrested. I have gone since my teens and every decade since. I've never even felt the need to get arrested so I don't understand why others get in that situation. Mind you, I played at a reasonable standard for years and never got booked so maybe I'm just a bit weird.

Gary Lineker went through his whole career without being booked. I guess he's a bit weird too!

Having said that, I too have never felt the need to get involved in anything that might lead to me being arrested at a football match, or anywhere else for that matter. I don't really understand the mentality of someone that can't control themselves.

Only Wolves had more arrests than us for "violent disorder" in the whole of the top 4 leagues.

Swelled massively by the Cambridge incident I think.

Were they home or away supporters (I would suggest a pretty critical question?)

Table 8: Football-related arrests by club supported and offence type in League Two, 2014-15 football season

Southend 22 at Home 1 away of which 17 were Violent disorder, 1 public disorder, 1 pitch incursion, 4 Alcohol

Back