• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most embarrissing personal moment at Roots Hall

I guess my worst moment was when we were back in the 1st division and had the likes of Marshy in the centre of midfield (1994/5 ish).

I tried to start the song "Oh yes you know what you can do ...." as a group of young women passed behind the South Bank goal to suddenly realise that a colleague from work (deputy head teacher) his wife and teenage daughters were sitting in front of me. He never actually mentioned it but I know he knew it was me.

I also remember once attempting to drop a silent stinky fart as I walked up the stairs to the South Upper only to disgrace myself with the lack of arse control and each time I passed the tea bar in the corner for several other home games the girls used to mutter something and look at me in a disgusted manner.

I can also remember several occasions when I have called my pupils or kids at my school thickos or worse and suddenly realiesed that they or their family were in the vicinity. Doh!!!!

Top work there on all counts. How far into the song had you got when you noticed your colleague and family? (Just trying to gauge how MUCH embarrassment)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Jan. 02 2005,10:10)]Top work there on all counts. How far into the song had you got when you noticed your colleague and family? (Just trying to gauge how MUCH embarrassment)
I'd just about finished the "pull down your bra and knickers..." bit I think. Needless to say I was very quiet for the remainder of the game.

I'm just glad you hadn't got round to finishing the song 'cos you know you'd have had to resign!!  

biggrin.gif

I'd offer you a story or two, but I can't compete with that. My howlers tend to be along the lines of shouting loudly "excellent pass player X" just as I realise it's player Y... or "great cross" just before it goes behind for a goal-kick.

I think it might possibly be the moment when I was celebrating far too vociferously at the first Southend v Canvey FA Cup match a few years ago. The other half's family are Marsh Rat fans and were sitting in the East Blues that particular day. I was in the South Upper and when Scott "Twenty-a-Day" Forbes scored, I ran to the front of the stand and nearly continued straight over - a hefty drop. I was gesticulating wildly at the folks in the East Stand and really making far too much out of it. Suddenly it dawned on me that just about everyone had sat down and the game had re-started. And there I still was, arms waving, cheering and shouting. I felt such a fool ...

WS

2 seasons ago when i sat in the south lower, me and my mates were running to the tea bar. in my efforts to beat them i ran straight in to the step in front of it and fell straight on my face. it must have been hilarious for anybody watching. the people serving certainly found it funny.
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

You know the expression "I kicked every ball"? Well in one gane before the West was seated I did just that, unfortunately my foot made contact with the crutch of some geezer who had his leg in plaster. We caught him just before he hit the ground!

Back