• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most embarrsasing moment

DTS

The Business
Mine came on Saturday.I have sat in the front row of the South Upper pretty much since the stand was built. I have never had any hint of what was about to come on Saturday vs the Saints.

It was the 2nd half - We were on another dangerous attack. Freddy some how managed to square to to Bradbury who cut it back from the bi-line leaving the defender on his arse.

All that was left now was the fairly simple job of putting it past the keeper. I like the rest of the south upper started to stand up in ancitipation of a goal. As Bradbury pulled back his foot to smack the ball home I felt certain in would be a goal.

Sadly however Bradders skied his shot and the ball was heading right for me. No problem I thought I had plenty of time to react. As Dad of DtS will confirm back in my playing days I could head the ball with the best of them so I decided to head the ball back onto the pitch.

I had headed the ball back once at Macclesfield away after a wayward Bombhead shot and it had given all around me a cheer altough I did have a lot of "think brau" in me at that stage.

The milli-seconds as the ball flew towards me seem to take forever. I had a perfect angle as the ball came closer and closer. I lined up my forehead perfectly for the header of my life.................Then................

The bloke infront of me stuck out a finger tip, it diverted the course of the ball - Not much but just enough to divert the ball from my prime forehead onto the side of my face making a massive slapping sound on impact.

Everyone for 20 seats round me burst out into laughter. Even Dad of DtS the one person I can rely on in a crisis was chuckling. My face has now been sore for two days and it slightly hurts to eat from the left side of my mouth.

Can anyone beat this ultimate humiliation.

sad.gif

that is pretty damn funny.

i have a story but its not actually about me its about my cousin.

it was against man u and we had just scored. everyone was going crazy and my cousin couldn't see so he stood on his seat in the south upper. once everyone had calmed down a bit and were gradually sitting my cousin decided to get aswell but slip back and sit seat went up. he fell into the row behind with his legs caught in his seat and was stuck.

i had to lift him out which was very hard whilst he was basically on the guys who was sitting behind lap.

was very funny for me though!
biggrin.gif

I got my leg trapped around one of the crush barriers at Elm Park the year we got a 3-3 draw.  We were dire that season so to score so many goals away was a rareity.  As the whole away terrace decided to fly down the steps to congratulate our joyous players, I got my leg caught & was trampled on quite severely!

Also, almost fell out of the front row of the South Upper when Marshy scored that 92nd minute winner against Ipswich 10 years ago
sad.gif

Last Season, Bristol City, Champion Celebrations.

Standing on the East Stand Chairs, jumping about until i lost my balance and began to tumble. I knew it was too late, and after more than a few jars i was pretty wayward anyway.... Fell arse over tit onto the seats behind me and burst into laughter.

When i was about 7 or 8, hadnt been supporting the team for long and was present for a minute silence before a game. Being slightly more immature than i am now, my friend got me giggling like a little girl. Trying really hard not to make any noise i, how can i put it........broke wind rather loudly.

Safe to say around 100 people heard it and all turned to look at me. Easily the most embarrasing thing thats happened to me and for the next few seasons when ever there was a minute silence id go round the back of the stand just in case of a repeat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Dec. 12 2006,10:33)]Mine came on Saturday.I have sat in the front row of the South Upper pretty much since the stand was built. I have never had any hint of what was about to come on Saturday vs the Saints.

It was the 2nd half - We were on another dangerous attack. Freddy some how managed to square to to Bradbury who cut it back from the bi-line leaving the defender on his arse.

All that was left now was the fairly simple job of putting it past the keeper. I like the rest of the south upper started to stand up in ancitipation of a goal. As Bradbury pulled back his foot to smack the ball home I felt certain in would be a goal.

Sadly however Bradders skied his shot and the ball was heading right for me. No problem I thought I had plenty of time to react. As Dad of DtS will confirm back in my playing days I could head the ball with the best of them so I decided to head the ball back onto the pitch.

I had headed the ball back once at Macclesfield away after a wayward Bombhead shot and it had given all around me a cheer altough I did have a lot of "think brau" in me at that stage.

The milli-seconds as the ball flew towards me seem to take forever. I had a perfect angle as the ball came closer and closer. I lined up my forehead perfectly for the header of my life.................Then................

The bloke infront of me stuck out a finger tip, it diverted the course of the ball - Not much but just enough to divert the ball from my prime forehead onto the side of my face making a massive slapping sound on impact.

Everyone for 20 seats round me burst out into laughter. Even Dad of DtS the one person I can rely on in a crisis was chuckling. My face has now been sore for two days and it slightly hurts to eat from the left side of my mouth.

Can anyone beat this ultimate humiliation.

sad.gif
Thats why you were told to keep your eyes open when heading as a kid!
laugh.gif

Leyton Orient about 2 years ago i lost bladder control!
Went to the toilet about 5 times during the game!

Nothing springs to mind for me but both GNH and McNasty have had some interesting adventures in the South Upper....

Remember a number of years back playing Port Vale away and the players were warming up and Chrissy Powell sent a shot in to the crowd. Anyway Dad and I are leaning on the barrier as it was still standing and the ball is coming at me so I thought I would control it on my thigh but forgetting the barrier was there I sharply lifted up my right leg to control it and smacked it against the barrier giving myself one of the worst dead legs I have ever received!

Quality bruise to show the lads at footy the next day!

Cardiff away 2000. I think we went 2-0 down and their fans were giving it some. Really making me a bit angry. Not that I'm ever up for a fight but you know what I mean.
Well, down to 10 men, we managed to equalize in the last minute. Pandimonium. I couldn't help myself. I ran to the front and in a mighty sign of aggression I threw myself onto the fencing at the front to not only celebrate wildly but also berate the Cardiff fans.
Shame I didn't read the signs that said that those railings would have anti-climbing paint on them. As quickly as I was on the fence I was also off it...goal celebration severely muted, as I studied just how much grey crappy paint I had smeared onto myself.
I couldn't bear to look at the Cardiff fans after that.

Still...."Da-da-da-da...Neil Tolson!"

Dave,

All perfectly true but just one point of order, you said ;

"The bloke infront of me stuck out a finger tip".

Dave we are in the front row of the South Upper, your story suggests that this mysterious person was either, floating in Mid air, or was a mighty tall person standing in the lower.

The bloke actually sits to my/your left.

Any way if he hadn't of diverted the ball, I certainly would.

Your spelling in the thread title must be a front-runner for you?

Back in the early 80's as a 17 year old, myself and Simmo travelled up to Roots Hall by bus from Canvey. As was tradition we we travelled on public transport, a coke bottle was used to disguise the whisky contained therein.

Neither of us had the foresight to eat before heading off and consumed the 2 litre mixture en-route. I don't remember the match but was mortified to read the report in the Yellow Advertiser later that week.

"My sympathies go out to the two drunks who fell asleep on the North bank terrace, they missed the best game of the season"

We drew 3-3 with Bury !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Sudden In Out @ Dec. 12 2006,13:30)]Your spelling in the thread title must be a front-runner for you?
here we go again..

think your a cut above the rest eh? arrogant.. so and so

Whilst sitting on the wall of the Northbank about 30 mins before an evening kick off i was facing my father and discussing the up and coming game, during this conversation i had mentioned that i thought David Crown should be shooting more from out side the box. Within moments of this statement i was struck on the rear of the head by a ball (think i was only 14 or 15 at the time so it hurt). I turned round to see who had hit the ball and it was Mr Crown himself afer he apologised i then heard my father say, "that's why he doesn't shoot so much from outside the box". (i was sitting about 10 yards from the post, he was obviuosley practicing his shooting) I explained this to David Crown and after a few giggles he gave me the ball and got it signed for me after the game..A true gent..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrongun @ Dec. 12 2006,14:11)](think i was only 14 or 15 at the time so it hurt).
what you going on about.. this was 3 months ago
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Sudden In Out @ Dec. 12 2006,13:30)]Your spelling in the thread title must be a front-runner for you?
Sorry Carol Vordeman - Must really try harder with my spelling on a flippant & jokey post on a football website.
sad.gif

during a game a couple of seasons back. psycho, err i mean.. sufc_stu, jumped on me after we and scored the winner.. and punched me (by accident) i think, square on the nose.. the blood gushed for a good half hour..

oh, and i collapsed at cardiff at the play off final..
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Back