• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most powerful striker of the ball you have ever seen?

If you think that generation had to play with heavy leather balls that absorbed water like a sponge, it's some feat. Imagine what he'd do with the featherweight balls of today.

That could actually work against them though. The heavier mass of the older ball could add more speed.

CLIFF HOLTON when playing for WATFORD
both arms in the Missionary position then a toe punt!

I will give you two from the last century neither of whom ever played for Southend (more's the pity perhaps!):
Stan Lynn (was mostly with Villa I think) and (Alan?) Woodward who played for Sheffield United.

Didn't Gerry Fell hit a shot so hard I'm training that it broke Neil Freeman's hand and put him out for 7 weeks ? We had John Burridge in on loan

I reckon Belil Musni should be added to the list just for that shot from near the halfway line that almost burst the net.

I reckon Belil Musni should be added to the list just for that shot from near the halfway line that almost burst the net.
I was just thinking the same, against Northampton? I recall PS was shouting at him to pass it when Bilel absolutely leathered it from 35 yards, unstoppable.

Back