• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most powerful striker of the ball you have ever seen?

Brummie John

Centre Half
Southend player or not? I was just thinking about Steve Whitton. An absolute Rocket of a shot on him.

Has to be Thierry Henry. The guy just had his own class. 228 goals for the gooners in 377 appearances.

As this is on SUFC Chitchat I offer up David Crown. He certainly could hit a fair old shot.

Shurely we can't bet without Johnny Metgod!

From a Southend perspective, yep Crowny is up there and that strike from Stan that night was quite something.

As this is on SUFC Chitchat I offer up David Crown. He certainly could hit a fair old shot.

Phil Chisnall, Dave Cusack & Gary Moore ( when it didn't clear the North Bank ), all had powerful shots.
Outside of SUFC, i'd go for Bobby Charlton, Geoff Hurst & Stuart Pearce.

Lenny couldn’t half hit it and it’s probably what got him a contract in the first place after the stunner against Great Wakering Rovers.

Shurely we can't bet without Johnny Metgod!

From a Southend perspective, yep Crowny is up there and that strike from Stan that night was quite something.

I was at Forrest that night. Only popped in the pub at lunch time and before I knew I was on my way to the game with a West Ham and an Arsenal fan.....As you did back in the 80's

Some strike of a dead ball. Wasn't it once timed as the fastest ever.

Bailey and McCormack could both hit it hard too - and, yes, I AM talking about the football!!!

Tony Yeboah, Stuart Pearce and Julian Dicks for me.

Arie Haan for Holland in the 1978 World Cup scored a couple of long range screamers - Google them.

But for SUFC, Leon Clarke and that aforementioned penalty, a Paul Byrne rocket v Norwich and Mohsni v Northampton from just inside their half are stand outs.

But for SUFC, Leon Clarke and that aforementioned penalty, a Paul Byrne rocket v Norwich and Mohsni v Northampton from just inside their half are stand outs.

I remember that goal by the Byrne.

Scored up the South Bank end. I was right in front of it.

That flew in!

Back