• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most relegated player in history of the game

Smudger

Manager
Am I right in saying Nathan Ralph had two consecutive relegations before coming to us to experience two more? Would 5 on the bounce be a new world record ? ?

Ralph also got relegated in 2013-14 (although didn't play) and 2014-15 with Yeovil. He also played on loan at Kettering during 2011-12 season, in which they got relegated from the National League.

Hermann Hreiðarsson has been relegated with every team he has been attached to, since he left Brentford for Wimbledon.
The Dons, Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth and Coventry.
Knew we were doomed when he joined us even in a back room position lol

Ralph also got relegated in 2013-14 (although didn't play) and 2014-15 with Yeovil. He also played on loan at Kettering during 2011-12 season, in which they got relegated from the National League.
While we cant blame him for the first one, is that 7 relegations in 10 years! good lord!

Relegation Ralph should have gone last season. Why do we persist with players who simply don’t know how to win games……?

I don't say this lightly, but this is one of the worst takes I've read on here.

I don't think I've seen the guy lose a header. Full of energy and actually looks like he wants to be here.
When you think of the millions (?) of opinions given on here over the past 20 years I actually felt honored when I read that. It’s quite a field to be the best worst in ??

I stand by it with the caveat that I live abroad so have not been able to watch this season’s games now that we lost ifollow. I was basing this shocking opinion on 1) the number of goals we were conceding from his side due to crosses not being cut out (I recall a Chris Phillips stat on this, early into MM’s time with us.) 2) we have barely won a *single* game with him in the side. He has the most defeats per game of any player in our entire history. 3) He is the ultimate “Jonah”. As soon as I see his name on the teamsheet it’s the pre-cursor to get another defeat. It seems 5 (?!) other relegated clubs have experienced the same feeling. We want winners here and sorry, the stats don’t lie……

Back