• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most ridiculous chant from Friday night....

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
.... 'We're sh*t, and we're beating you'!!

Apologies for the late posting about this, and if it has already been discussed before, but which brainless person came out with that little gem? I've heard that sung before at Roots Hall, when it was totally justified, but to sing it Friday night, given how well we played, and to be fair, how well we have played this season, was just absurd.

I appreciate that some were protesting towards Mr King, which is fair enough, but not sure how singing that is going to help anyone, especially not the team.

I was trying to avoid 'moaning' about it when so many positives came out of Friday night - not least Lee Barnard M'Lord - but it did wind me up a tad. I'm sure those singing it were doing so with the intentions of trying to wind up the O's fans, and in a back handed way, support our boys, but it's really quite offensive to those out there in a Blue shirt!

It was actually, we're skint and we're beating you.

LoL...... Excellent, well in that case, you have just restored my faith in our fans.... and have lost my faith in my ability to hear!! APOLOGIES to everyone singing that then, my fault entirely - Looks like I have the award for most embarrassing post for 2009 already!!

Sorry peeps!

Well I heard it as we're **** too, So you weren't the only one. The stupid chant for me though was the "one Alex Revell chant". I could maybe understand the first one at the beginning, as a slant at King. The continuation through the night though, just made no sense to me. He couldn't hear it, and he never received that much chanting in his direction while he was at the club. The energy should have been saved for the players who were on the pitch on Friday

And, i was the "brainless person" who started it.. it was a bit of black humour.

It was "we're ****..."

The Orient boys on the places I frequent found it amusing. And lets be honest here, for the first 35 minutes both sides were uttlerly cack.

Most ridiculous chant from Friday night, definately the chants against the board and the protests are not going to change anything, so you are wasting your breath in even bothering with them, so I would say that they were the most ridiculous imo.

I have full confidence in Ron Martin and his team that they are doing the best for the club. I do still think that King should have kept out of that article on the OS in regards to the Alex Revell, he isnt the best person to comment on such an article. Tbh, I still dont like him much, but I dont think that it sparks a protest tbh.

So definately the anti-board and protest chants were ridiculous imo.

never understood that chant, were not ****, and certainly havent been **** in many seasons now, which given our pre-tilson era is a blessing! so why sing it, surely, "your **** and you know you are" would have a better effect!
as an aside, just seen the goals on football league show, so good to see a win! and amused that the geoff king situation was mentioned, to me(yes GK is the epitome of cack PR) it was a bit of a storm in a teacup that made BBC 1! bizzarre

To be fair none of the most ridiculous chants of the night were from us.

Town full of pikeys?
You all support west ham?

Orient fans still have no concept of irony.

It was "we're ****..."

The Orient boys on the places I frequent found it amusing. And lets be honest here, for the first 35 minutes both sides were uttlerly cack.

WTF? Do people not listen or something? The words were "we're skint". How do i know? Because i was right there in the middle.

never understood that chant, were not ****, and certainly havent been **** in many seasons now, which given our pre-tilson era is a blessing! so why sing it, surely, "your **** and you know you are" would have a better effect!
as an aside, just seen the goals on football league show, so good to see a win! and amused that the geoff king situation was mentioned, to me(yes GK is the epitome of cack PR) it was a bit of a storm in a teacup that made BBC 1! bizzarre

See above post

It did sound like "sh**" from the East Blues.

When the O's fans sung "You're a just a town full of Pikeys" which could be deemed racist I was hoping someone might reply with "You just a town full of Pak**" but which would have defintely been deemed racist.

It is a strange world when being called a "Brit" is absolutely fine while calling someone a "Pak*" is racist even if they do come from Pakistan.

WTF? Do people not listen or something? The words were "we're skint". How do i know? Because i was right there in the middle.

I sit in block V, it sounded like skint at first but it also sounded like **** aswell so I can perfectly understand the confusion.

I sit in block V, it sounded like skint at first but it also sounded like **** aswell so I can perfectly understand the confusion.

I didn't hear **** at anytime. Maybe there was some of that, but like i said IMO it was "we're skint".

Tbh, I sit level with the half way line in the West and it did sound like the sh** word rather than skint - I only knew it wasn't because it was blatantly obvious which was appropriate.

Back