• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
Isn't it amazing that our esteemed Chairman has upset so many Shrimpers? At wembley I did not hear one positive comment about - and there can be few arguments - the most successfull chairman in 107 years of Southend United.

Under Ron Martin the following:

Only second Chairman to take the club into the second tier.
The only Chairman to take us to a major Cup Final (though the LDV JPT competition has not been around long) three times.
The only Chairman to take the club to Wembley.
The only Chairman to be in charge for a Play-Off Final victory - or loss for that matter.
The Chairman for our greatest ever result (on paper) versus Man Utd.
Chairman for the largest single gathering of Southend United supporters for a single game.

Yet, he makes the most baffling decisions, has the most useless PR and is pretty much despised by a majority of Southend United supporters. Indeed, he may take the club to its final days. Let us hope not.

I do hope Mr Martin does not add "the only Chairman to take us to insolvency" title to his - to be fair - hugely impressive CV in terms of on the field success.

Reviled despite the unparalleled achievements - football is a funny game and RM is certainly controversial!

Ron has IMO manipulated the fans and the club for his own means,He has been lucky firstly giving Tilly the job then secondly appointing Luggy to steady the ship.

I neither like or dislike the chap after all he is a hard nosed business man who wants his pound of flesh.

Ron has IMO manipulated the fans and the club for his own means,He has been lucky firstly giving Tilly the job then secondly appointing Luggy to steady the ship.

I neither like or dislike the chap after all he is a hard nosed business man who wants his pound of flesh.
I also think he has had a lot of luck, some of it he has conjured up but suspect is now running on empty due to persistently sailing to close to the wind. Hope I'm wrong !!! He could have got it so right.

For most of his on field success see freddy Eastwood and paul sturrock as for off the field see him he is a grade A c**t and could be the man that kills one of the loves of my life.

For most of his on field success see freddy Eastwood and paul sturrock as for off the field see him he is a grade A c**t and could be the man that kills one of the loves of my life.

Who's to say it wouldn't have been dead 15 years ago without Ron?

Back