• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
I have a little problem, in that I'm finding it a little difficult, unlike everyone else on here, getting myself really worked up for this afternoon. I suppose that it doesn't help not going to the game and being 1000kms from the action.........but it's not just that.
There has always been a strong rivalry between the two clubs but would I be right in suggesting that it has become a lot more accentuated during the last four years? That started with us humiliating them at home and away in the 2005/6 season. That humiliation was quickly returned the following season when we were fighting for Championship survival. Added to the sauce of one of these encounters was the piquant contribution of Mr Duguid. (someone, along with a certain Mr Bailey, could well be playing at Roots Hall again next season). The full-blooded, tremendous 'derby' earlier on in the season was when we were pushing up the table and Colchester were trying to get their campaign on track, with most of the season ahead of us.
Perhaps it's that today's encounter, for us, has lost just a bit of its edge in that, for me, all hopes of a rousing finale to the season ended on Tuesday night. Even if we don't get a result this afternoon I'm pretty convinced that we are good enough to stay up. So it's really down to us puting a spoke into any lingering play-off ambitions they may have. Is that enough to get worked up over?.............put like that I suppose the answer is ...................................YES! I trust that come 3pm, with BW working
(fingers crossed) and the sound of The Blue Voice ...........the motivaion will rapidly return............bring it on!

the piquant contribution of Mr Duguid.
:stunned: :D

Not quite the way I would have described it but very good. I think the second syllable comes close though!

Just do what I do when you can't get excited about games. Pretend your team is someone like Great Wakering Rovers and the opponents are someone like Arsenal in the FA Cup. It worked well when we played Brighton early in the season. On that night Tilbury were only beaten 2-0 late on by Liverpool and it turned a cruddy evening into an unforgettable contest.

Just do what I do when you can't get excited about games. Pretend your team is someone like Great Wakering Rovers and the opponents are someone like Arsenal in the FA Cup. It worked well when we played Brighton early in the season. On that night Tilbury were only beaten 2-0 late on by Liverpool and it turned a cruddy evening into an unforgettable contest.

That's interesting logic but I could never treat the inbred scum in my own mind with so much respect as to consider them in the same sentence as Liverpool or Arsenal. Glad it works for you though :)

Back