• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Motorbike insurance

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Anyone know offhand, if motorbike insurance works in a similar way to cars i.e. could husband take out a policy with son as a named driver/rider? Looked into stand alone policies for him and you're looking at around a grand which is ridiculous. Would only be thinking of a low cc bike, just so he could use it to get to and from any job he gets - and also as other half never passed his bike test (turned up for it with a broken indicator aged 17 and then never bothered with it since!).

Anyone know offhand, if motorbike insurance works in a similar way to cars i.e. could husband take out a policy with son as a named driver/rider? Looked into stand alone policies for him and you're looking at around a grand which is ridiculous. Would only be thinking of a low cc bike, just so he could use it to get to and from any job he gets - and also as other half never passed his bike test (turned up for it with a broken indicator aged 17 and then never bothered with it since!).

I do not think that you can have named drivers on a Motorbike policy, generally Motorcycle policies allow you to ride another bike (as long as its insured and you are legally allowed to ride that particular bike) so the need for named drivers is largely not there.

Also your husband would have to take his CBT as well, as without that he would not be licenced to ride the bike and therefore the insurance would be invalidated

Try Carol Nash and Bennetts

I would suggest that as its just for transport a small twist and go would be a cheaper option than a "full blown" bike although the theft rate among small motorcycles is even greater than the bigger bikes

Last edited:
Just heard Jamie Oliver on Radio1 saying he's got his first scooter for 7/8 years and it was approx £800 off the internet, full tank of fuel etc. As a twist & go option as Firestorm states, that might well prove more cost effective. Also, I think Vespa were doing an option of getting cheap scooter insurance included in your deal if you bought a new ET4 earlier in the year.

Last edited:
Back