• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mourinho sacked by Man Utd

Was always on the cards, just surprised it's taken this long....and that they've put Carrick in charge to the end of the season!

clearly written the season off and we ain't out of December yet. Hope Pogba also gets shown the door, sends the wrong message and IMO Mourinho was right to drop him. Great players do great things - he's done sweet FA. Never understood why he didn't play Mata more mind.

He thought he was a better manager than he was. Mickey Mouse could have led Chelsea to that Premiership title with the massive advantage of unlimited transfer kitty and silly salaries with massive win bonuses per game and trophy. He's just one of those managers that is a real miserable git when things are going bad, blaming and falling out with players and staff. When winning he is fine. A lot like Phil Brown.

Removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. Is Riggers trying to get the owners sued again? I'm sure it's a one man conspiracy to bring SZ down?

Oh dear. Is Riggers trying to get the owners sued again? I'm sure it's a one man conspiracy to bring SZ down?

The story is quite old and done the rounds in the football world. An ex player told me.

The story is quite old and done the rounds in the football world. An ex player told me.

I remember when I was at school the Marc Almond 5 pints story did the rounds. We believed that too even though it was total bollocks, but to be fair were only stupid 14 year old boys at the time.

I remember when I was at school the Marc Almond 5 pints story did the rounds. We believed that too even though it was total bollocks, but to be fair were only stupid 14 year old boys at the time.

I heard it was something related to bollocks

There are things to possibly dislike about Mourinho, but it's hard to argue he is one of the most successful managers in recent history.

The fact it hasn't worked at Man Utd might say more about them than him.

Last edited:
On behalf of the owners and mods, can I please remind all Zoners to look after this site that we all enjoy so much. Libel is a serious matter. It also goes without saying that many of those who may be libeled have far deeper pockets than we do. The zone rules are clear on this point: no libelous content please.

Blimey, looks like I've missed all the fun! :Stunned:

On behalf of the owners and mods, can I please remind all Zoners to look after this site that we all enjoy so much. Libel is a serious matter. It also goes without saying that many of those who may be libeled have far deeper pockets than we do. The zone rules are clear on this point: no libelous content please.
And just to be clear, legal action from an injured or offended party would simply mean no more ShrimperZone as we wouldn’t have the funds to fight it. Zero tolerance folks.

Fair comment, SBH.

What happens if someone posts something they thought was common knowledge in error, though?

Agreed and point taken,

I guess it depends if they thought what they posted was libellous in the first place.

Back