• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mourinho sacked by Man Utd

Agreed, mate and hence why it was reported and removed, as it is on any forum. I don't know what was written.

The key is playing the post and not the poster, though.

Agreed, mate and hence why it was removed. I don't know what was written, but I can guess if it's what i think it is. 100% should be removed.

They key is playing the post and not the poster, though.

The post needs to be played, yes, but clear and obvious serious breaches when posting by repeat offenders will require strong sanction. We will not allow people to expose the Zone (and the owners / mods) to that kind of risk.

Agreed, mate and hence why it was reported and removed, as it is on any forum. I don't know what was written.

The key is playing the post and not the poster, though.
This is done now. Andy, please feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss further. All posters know the rules of the site.

No problem, guys.

PM on it's way.

Edit : Now sorted. Cheers SBH, Spaceman. :Thumbs up:

Last edited:
He thought he was a better manager than he was. Mickey Mouse could have led Chelsea to that Premiership title with the massive advantage of unlimited transfer kitty and silly salaries with massive win bonuses per game and trophy. He's just one of those managers that is a real miserable git when things are going bad, blaming and falling out with players and staff. When winning he is fine. A lot like Phil Brown.
If Chelsea was all he'd done you might have a point but he won the Champions League with a Porto side that wasn't expected to get anywhere near the final and he did the treble with Inter in 2009/10. Managers have since figured out how to stop his tactics and he's been unable to adapt to how football is played in 2018 at the top level, but the idea that he's never been good and was only successful at a rich Chelsea side is nonsense.

^
Good post, that.

I actually like Mourinho a lot. Not frightened to say it as it is and often puts journalists/football commentators in their place. Nothing wrong with that from time to time.

His record is remarkable really. Based on defensive football, for sure, but in a results business he knows how to win and is pretty ruthless doing it.

And anyone who calls out that knacker Pogba is alright by me.

In short, he'll get a huge pay-off and another job tomorrow. He's certainly not the loser here.

A manager who is a bit of a ****er and all the players hate gets sacked. Days later a fan's favourite takes over who used to play for the club

Between the sacking and the appointment, a former defensive central midfield player who is a coach at the club gets linked with the caretaker role but it doesn't happen.

I'm sticking £20 on Man United having the worst injury crisis of their history next season

If Chelsea was all he'd done you might have a point but he won the Champions League with a Porto side that wasn't expected to get anywhere near the final and he did the treble with Inter in 2009/10. Managers have since figured out how to stop his tactics and he's been unable to adapt to how football is played in 2018 at the top level, but the idea that he's never been good and was only successful at a rich Chelsea side is nonsense.

His record at Real Madrid wasn't anything to be sniffed at either. Don't think there's a vacancy back there atm. but I wouldn't be suprised to see him resurface in Italian football at some point in 2019.

Back