• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21189430

Thought it would be last year but Moussa Sissoko finally arrives in England. A little surprised that he has gone so far North but I shall ba very interested to see how he does in the Premiership. I saw tfc (toulouse) play in the League Cup at PSG last week, they were without Sissoko and were torn to shreds by a side that looked a good division ahead of them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21189430

Thought it would be last year but Moussa Sissoko finally arrives in England. A little surprised that he has gone so far North but I shall ba very interested to see how he does in the Premiership. I saw tfc (toulouse) play in the League Cup at PSG last week, they were without Sissoko and were torn to shreds by a side that looked a good division ahead of them.

Newcastle and Pardew in particular have taken a bit of stick for acquiring so many French players, but the ones they've bought (perhaps Gouffran aside) are real quality. Sissoko and Debuchy are great purchases for a club of Newcastle's size and stature, but the one I'm really interested in seeing his Yanga-Mbiwa... He's been brilliant for Montpellier, particularly last year, and at 23 is the perfect age to come in, develop, and earn Newcastle a small fortune when he moves on.

Yeah they're some really exciting signings. Pardew has been quite outspoken in the past about foreign signings, and teams like arsenal at one time having no English players. I think that's why he's come in for some stick

Newcastle and Pardew in particular have taken a bit of stick for acquiring so many French players, but the ones they've bought (perhaps Gouffran aside) are real quality. Sissoko and Debuchy are great purchases for a club of Newcastle's size and stature, but the one I'm really interested in seeing his Yanga-Mbiwa... He's been brilliant for Montpellier, particularly last year, and at 23 is the perfect age to come in, develop, and earn Newcastle a small fortune when he moves on.

Wasn't he supposed to be one of the future stars a few years ago?

Seems like Wenger is getting a big jealous of all the French acquisitions Newcastle are making and saying that it is "unfair" that they are making all these signings.

Anyway, back on topic, I am looking forward to watching them in the Premierleague and heard good things about Sissoko. Of course he is fantastic on FM11 (or 10 can't remember which) so there's my opinion :smiles:

I think you'll find most MHSC fans would say that their best player after Giroud left was Belhanda.
Certainlythe two of them stood out in the three games I saw Montpellier play last season.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younès_Belhanda

Yeah they're some really exciting signings. Pardew has been quite outspoken in the past about foreign signings, and teams like arsenal at one time having no English players. I think that's why he's come in for some stick

Aye. Pardew's an enormous ringpiece and he was outspoken about Arsenal fielding a side in the Champions League with no English players. I think at a club like Newcastle though you have to think and look outside of the box to find a way in which you can compete, and Pardew's obviously identified a niche in the market by bringing in players from Ligue Un, which isn't as well received as La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga. Arsenal don't have much of an excuse for failing to bring through English talent.

Wasn't he supposed to be one of the future stars a few years ago?

Burst onto the scene, but I don't think he's progressed as well as many thought he might. I guess it'll depend how Pardew intends to play him really... He keeps shifting Cisse over onto the left which is baffling considering his goalscoring return, but with Gouffran there now he might shift that role onto him and have Cisse up top where he should be.

I think you'll find most MHSC fans would say that their best player after Giroud left was Belhanda.
Certainlythe two of them stood out in the three games I saw Montpellier play last season.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younès_Belhanda

Thanks for the update. Belhanda hasn't signed for Newcastle though, so he's got sweet FA to do with this thread.

Thanks for the update. Belhanda hasn't signed for Newcastle though, so he's got sweet FA to do with this thread.

He is a current Montpellier player though and as a midfield player cum striker I imagine he'll eventually move for quite a bit more than a defender, who I can't say I particulary noticed in the games I saw last season.

just another nail in the english games coffin, a game between two English teams and only 3 or 4 English players starting out of a possible 22...........simply destroying any hope of producing talent for the national team, I believe the prem runs at about 35 per cent of home nation players, where as the likes of germany and spain are up in the 70 odd per cent region. One of the reasons I just cant be bothered with the Prem. I like spanish footy and actually take an interest in french and german leagues too but the prem is certainly losing its English identity thus losing its appeal, bit off the topic of the individual player I know but to me its just another import, I heard they have been scouting france extensively shame they not putting the effort into their own academy.

just another nail in the english games coffin, a game between two English teams and only 3 or 4 English players starting out of a possible 22...........simply destroying any hope of producing talent for the national team, I believe the prem runs at about 35 per cent of home nation players, where as the likes of germany and spain are up in the 70 odd per cent region. One of the reasons I just cant be bothered with the Prem. I like spanish footy and actually take an interest in french and german leagues too but the prem is certainly losing its English identity thus losing its appeal, bit off the topic of the individual player I know but to me its just another import, I heard they have been scouting france extensively shame they not putting the effort into their own academy.

Newcastle have got a few first teamers from their own academy. English talent is so hyped up now-a-days that if you are English, young and play well for several games in a row then you can be in line to be the next big thing, and possibly putting too much pressure on them at a young age.

The "premium" that goes on top is ridiculous IMO, £16m for Henderson compared to £2m for Sissoko (can't remember where I heard the figure so correct me if I'm wrong)? £35m for Andy Carroll or Michu for £2m?

Especially with the Financial Fair Play rules, teams are going to be looking for more cheap players.

I know that Spain have a rule about limiting the number foreign players that are allowed to play in a team, but from their European champions squad, they only had Alba and Silva who weren't at Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Back