• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moussa in the middle?

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
So the mooooose got a run out in the centre today for 20 odd minutes. Question is, how well did he do?

Listening to the radio, which obviously isn't the best way of gauging a players performance, it seemed like Moose was terrible in the first half, but came into his own when switched to the middle. So, put simply, on his performance in the centre today, does he warrant a starting role in there? Does he offer that creativity that we have lacked in recent games?

Discuss...

so the mooooose got a run out in the centre today for 20 odd minutes. Question is, how well did he do?

Listening to the radio, which obviously isn't the best way of gauging a players performance, it seemed like moose was terrible in the first half, but came into his own when switched to the middle. So, put simply, on his performance in the centre today, does he warrant a starting role in there? Does he offer that creativity that we have lacked in recent games?

Discuss...

yes.......

He was rubbish in 1st half, and only a little better in the 2nd. sorry, that's not prejudice.

Ran the show when he was switched into the centre of midfield. He could actually pass the ball to a blue shirt, which helped.

Looks a bit tired lately. Hardly suprising considering hes age and the amount of games he has played.

He was rubbish in 1st half, and only a little better in the 2nd. sorry, that's not prejudice.

He is playing poorly lately granted, but why is that? Is it low confidence? Is it a young man being stroppy about continually being played out of position? Is it a professional who is fed up with the **** surrounding the club?

As i said the radio reports on him weren't brilliant in the first half, but i got the impression he performed much better when shifted into the middle.

I'd be tempted to drop JFC to the bench, let Moose run the centre, with Macca and let Scannell or Walker have a go on the wing

Moussa based on the latter part of this season should stay in the middle. The middle of the subs bench. He's been cack for the last few months. Shame as he started to show promise early on.

No better in the middle today.

Moussa based on the latter part of this season should stay in the middle. The middle of the subs bench. He's been cack for the last few months. Shame as he started to show promise early on.

No better in the middle today.

Exactly! :clap:

Ran the show when he was switched into the centre of midfield. He could actually pass the ball to a blue shirt, which helped.
Can I help you with your white stick?

Last edited:
So the mooooose got a run out in the centre today for 20 odd minutes. Question is, how well did he do?

Listening to the radio, which obviously isn't the best way of gauging a players performance, it seemed like Moose was terrible in the first half, but came into his own when switched to the middle. So, put simply, on his performance in the centre today, does he warrant a starting role in there? Does he offer that creativity that we have lacked in recent games?

Discuss...

To be honest i think the Mooouuuse got a little confused today as to where he was playing, he had Macca bollicking him quite a bit today and the kid wasn't sure whether he should accept a 'right hander' from Macca or a rollicking from Tilly, the sooner we get the whole team in settled positions the better, we proved today that we have, not a good team, but a great team, let's remember that the Pool beat Millwall 3-0 last week.
As for Macca, superb performance today (even if he didn't get booked), he was key to an awful lot that was good for us, he was also key to the recovery we made when things were going bad. OBL has summed things up pretty well, i think Macca is looking to go in January, i think RM is rubbing his greasy little paws together waiting to see how much we can get for him and from whom, yep we will then all miss him. I was at the match today, i got to the ground at before 2 pm, i left the ground at about 5 30 pm (my priveledge). Macca worked as hard if not harder than anyone out there, he deserves whatever comes to him. As for his game play today? i watched the game intently (as always). Macca's contribution was superb.

Macca, we will miss you mate. UTB.

He is playing poorly lately granted, but why is that? Is it low confidence? Is it a young man being stroppy about continually being played out of position? Is it a professional who is fed up with the **** surrounding the club?

As i said the radio reports on him weren't brilliant in the first half, but i got the impression he performed much better when shifted into the middle.

I'd be tempted to drop JFC to the bench, let Moose run the centre, with Macca and let Scannell or Walker have a go on the wing

why drop jfc4 when moose played on the left... so much for that ****** francis.... mooser run the centre well .... seen it all now. been tempted a lot football manager no..... no brains ,,,like half the people on here....

I thought he looked so comfortable in the middle, and was pulling the strings, shouting good instructions to everyone else, and pinging great passes around all over the place.

In the middle of the park he could be phenominal!!

This is not against Macca, who I actually thought had his best 45 minutes of the season in that 2nd half

I thought he looked so comfortable in the middle, and was pulling the strings, shouting good instructions to everyone else, and pinging great passes around all over the place.

This is not against Macca, who I actually thought had his best 45 minutes of the season in that 2nd half

look so comfortable what the **** did he do...

If you'd have said that against Charlton I might've believed you - Macca, I mean, Moussa has been poor for the last 4 or 5 games. Nothing today convinced me more than saying he did ok.

Macca played for 10 minutes today and turned the game around. For the rest of the time he bottled challenges, gave Hartlepool their first goal, was guilty of ball watching on innumerable occasions and mouthed off his teammates. Moussa was much improved as of late and when moved into central midfield showed what a difference a player who can make a simple pass to a Blue shirt makes and can add that telling pass. Macca is our weakest link in midfield. Goodbye. Hallo Mousse.

Back