• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Moussa LW or CM?

Franck Moussa: Left winger? Midfield magic?

• Left Wing

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Centre Mid

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
According to the OS, Tilly isn't sure what to do with him. He doesn't know whether to keep him on the LW or push him back to CM. Clearly not a winger, and doesn't have the same impact playing out wide IMO. The midfield would probably benefit having Moussa playing CM and trying to adopt the 'creative' role. Problem is, who do you drop/move out of the centre?

I think Tilly's comment "we will have to wait and see how things work out during pre-season", means 'see if we can get a left winger in 1st, otherwise, unlucky Franck, back out wide you go!'

Left wing for me, simply because we've got a fantastic central mid and an amazingly weak wing.

Does a good job out there, but if Tilson thinks he'll be even better in the middle and we can find a few wingers to bring in then so be it.

I think the only chance for him to get a game whilst everyone is fit is to play left wing, and Id prefer to watch him play rather than sit on the bench, unless we got a bloody good winger in, which imo is unlikely..

we should build the midfield around him IMO, our most talented player. However I'm not 100% if that is at CM. He's shown creative ability and dicipline when playing on the left, but that is as the sacrifice of any creativity in the centre (Macca, Grant and Christophe don't provide this) so maybe he deserves a run in the centre where he can hopefully have a greater impact.

Also it's important to note that just because he grew up as a CM doesn't mean that will be his position for life. Gower grew up as a CM like Moussa but became a terrific right-footed left-winger. Moussa has even more potential than Gower.

so after all that waffle, I'm not sure... perhaps it just come down to who we bring in, a solid left back would work well with Moussa in front, but a very attacking one would be a waste of Moussa talents seeing him be more defensive.

True what we need is one or two decent wingers to come in.

Unfortunately we have 4 CM players who all offer different vital aspects.

Macca has the bite and hustle, Grant has the ability to slow the pace down, JFC has the ability to break down attacks, Mousse HAS the ability to control a game, the big biq question is; can he do it yet? It's clear he has skill and ability and will go on to good things, but is he capable of dictating the tempo of a match yet? Can he grab the game by the scuff of the neck and play it how HE wants. Hopefully this season we will find out.

True what we need is one or two decent wingers to come in.

Unfortunately we have 4 CM players who all offer different vital aspects.

Macca has the bite and hustle, Grant has the ability to slow the pace down, JFC has the ability to break down attacks, Mousse HAS the ability to control a game, the big biq question is; can he do it yet? It's clear he has skill and ability and will go on to good things, but is he capable of dictating the tempo of a match yet? Can he grab the game by the scuff of the neck and play it how HE wants. Hopefully this season we will find out.

he doesn't need to dicate the tempo with either Grant or Macca around. However he needs JFC with him to break the play down and play the simple ball. Moussa is in there for his creativity, which was bypassed slightly when we had robinson who latched onto long balls from Francis/Clarke. I'm happy with him at the left for now, but if we got a left midfielder in I'd bring Moussa inside for the expense of Macca (who could maybe move to the right)

Left wing- purely because of the quality we have in the centre of the park and the lack of quality on either wing

Id say central midfield,but depends how Macca is this season. If its the old Macca, well for me its him and Black central. Again depends if Tilson brings in a wide player or not. To many unknowns.

100% centre mid for me. He is the only midfield player we have who can actually pass a ball properly. It was a glaring weakness last season that we had no creativity in the centre of midfield. Also he is the nearest player in terms of quality to Bailey that we have and could in the future do a similar job

Yes he did a good job out wide but he was hardly in the Gower mould. One of our priorities must surely be to sign a proper left winger.

If we don't get anyone in, I'd be concerned at Moose playing in front of Johnny Herd. Macca has done a job on the left before but we'd lack any real incision (apart from studs in opponents' calves) there. What's the latest on HRK, I wonder?

keep him out wide - he is begining to really hurt opponents from there -

in CM he will be battling too much, getting kicked too much, and not getting enough space -
he gets more early ball out wide with the opportunity to attack at speed taht in the middle -

also for me i am happy to see Granty wide right as he has attcking elements to his game we hardly ever see and defnsively he is good -

I really think

Granty Macca JFC Moussa

will get us top 6 if we have two new decent centre backs

100% centre mid for me. He is the only midfield player we have who can actually pass a ball properly. It was a glaring weakness last season that we had no creativity in the centre of midfield. Also he is the nearest player in terms of quality to Bailey that we have and could in the future do a similar job

Yes he did a good job out wide but he was hardly in the Gower mould. One of our priorities must surely be to sign a proper left winger.

Can't disagree. Nail. On. Head

keep him out wide - he is begining to really hurt opponents from there -

in CM he will be battling too much, getting kicked too much, and not getting enough space -
he gets more early ball out wide with the opportunity to attack at speed taht in the middle -

also for me i am happy to see Granty wide right as he has attcking elements to his game we hardly ever see and defnsively he is good -

I really think

Granty Macca JFC Moussa

will get us top 6 if we have two new decent centre backs

interesting comment, we've seen him score that good goal from someone through decent interplay on the right. Think Granty could play on the right, just need someone with decent pace and to play really wide... i would be worried both Grant and Moussa on the wings would see us too narrow

Where's the substitute's bench option?

I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I rate Moussa. At first I didn't know what all the fuss was about but he seems to be developing along nicely.

But it all depends who arrives in the summer as to what happens with Moussa. For example if we signed a left winger and Lee Sawyer or David Noble to play as the creative midfielder, Moussa would find himself on the bench in my team.

Back