• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moving on to sunderland

tommytwoholes

Lets put the last two games behind us and look foward to another big game with sunderland this saturday. I am hoping for atleast a point with 11,000 in attendance and a slightly changed squad.

(ps) anybody know any good sunderland message boards as the rivals one is poor.

Very difficult one to call on all three counts!

I'd like to see Clarke and Paynter given a chance. Both of them have at least played a bit of football now and had a chance to get to know their team mates. If Bradbury looked more likely to score he'd stay in cos he's generally doing everything else right.

I'm worried that Sunderland will have a severe backlash but I'd be worried if I was them too. I think we might edge it if we can learn from our last two games. Generally Tilson's teams learn from mistakes. We looked a lot better against set pieces, brought everyone back and had two men on the posts last game. I'm going 2-1 us.

Attendance is hard to judge because we have lost tow on the bounce but played well last time at home. I think we'll be a smidgen under 10,000.

Just need to send this off to Seth this time....

biggrin.gif

I reckon 3.1 to the mighty Shrimpers

Sunderland WILL be really up for this one, and will be
A very hard battle in opening 30 mins or so, they will be under so much pressure to beat little Southend United.....

I’m 100 percent sure if we score 1st they will start to Bottle it
And just maybe drop their heads.....

Crowd 10,500 ... I reckon Sunderland will not sell all their 2,000 allocation... People say big club ? I’m not so sure ?
Sunderland are not much bigger than Forest for example

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

If we play Prior & Barrett at the back, Bradbury up front, we will lose 1-2 to Sunderland, Sunderland lost all their 3 games & I do fear an Sunderland backlash at anytime.

If we make 2 change & play Clarke (who will give us pace at the back & help Barrett) & Paynter up front (an big forward who can win the ball in air & bully Sunderland weak defence, to give Freddy space to score) to freshen up the team, we might win 3-1 to leave Sunderland pointless & Quinn sack himself!

Attendance: 10300+

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Aug. 14 2006,13:04)]Lets put the last two games behind us and look foward to another big game with sunderland this saturday. I am hoping for atleast a point with 11,000 in attendance and a slightly changed squad.

I can't see us getting 11,000 for this one. Sunderland will only bring about 1,000 fans. Crowd will be about 9,500 as people still away on holiday.

We won't get many 11,000+ crowds, probably only against Ipswich, WBA, QPR, Palace, Leeds. Could be some other games depending on how 'vital' some games near the end of the season might be!

Difficult game to call. I would have preferred playing Sunderland had they already won a game or at least drawn a couple. I think there is more more pressure on them though which is good for us. We are not far away, with one, or perhaps two changes to come in for this game. I really think we can beat them and I think we will.

I am going for a 2-0 Southend win, goals from Freddie and Gower.

Attendance 9,800.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Aug. 14 2006,13:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Aug. 14 2006,13:04)]Lets put the last two games behind us and look foward to another big game with sunderland this saturday. I am hoping for atleast a point with 11,000 in attendance and a slightly changed squad.

I can't see us getting 11,000 for this one. Sunderland will only bring about 1,000 fans.  Crowd will be about 9,500 as people still away on holiday.

We won't get many 11,000+ crowds, probably only against Ipswich, WBA, QPR, Palace, Leeds.  Could be some other games depending on how 'vital' some games near the end of the season might be!
Don't Sunderland have a large London based following as well? If I remember correctly, we played them back in the 90's on a Tuesday night and they brought a few then...

Remember its V festival this weekend so lot of people be at that probably. I think a lot depends on whether Quinn can get Kevin Philips back in, he could be the catalyst for a good run. I think it will be a 1-1 draw.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Aug. 14 2006,14:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ Aug. 14 2006,13:56)]
[b said:

I can't see us getting 11,000 for this one. Sunderland will only bring about 1,000 fans.  Crowd will be about 9,500 as people still away on holiday.

We won't get many 11,000+ crowds, probably only against Ipswich, WBA, QPR, Palace, Leeds.  Could be some other games depending on how 'vital' some games near the end of the season might be!
Don't Sunderland have a large London based following as well?  If I remember correctly, we played them back in the 90's on a Tuesday night and they brought a few then...
very true on that day they about 500 or so...with 300 or so only coming from london.. I was on the same train when I got on at Wickford. At the time they were flying high in the league (top) and the Sea fog was so bad no one saw their goals apart from the South Stand :-)

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITEFC FC

im going attendance 10 200

southend to win 1-0 clarke on his starting debut,thunderbolt header from corner,lets hope so eh
biggrin.gif

up the shrimpers

Attendance 8,900
Southend United 1-2 Sunderland

Freddy nets but Sunderland gain first win. SZ goes into meltdown with suicidal people predicting relegation by November!

Team will be the same as QPR
tounge.gif

The result depends a lot on if Sunderland bring any new faces in this week. If it is the same set then I reckon we'll get the better of them. Clearly their defence is a mess at the moment.

Clarke has to start, and I'd like to see Paynter prove his worth as well. I reckon we'll be looking at the same team again though.
rock.gif

Can't be arsed to recap on the doom and gloom posted over these boards over the last few days but it could be worse people, we could be 19th in League 2 and looking forward to a home game with Accrington Stanley or someone.

Attendance: 10,100

Score: Southend 1 Sunderland 1

In what is a very tight game, Southend take the lead through Freddy Eastwood in the first half, before Sunderland equalise not long after the start of the second. A tight game with neither team prepared to bullet forward in case of being caught at the back.

Met a Sunderland fan in the middle of Inverness this evening. He reckoned we are on for an easy three points. I mentioned our habit of ending other teams non-winning streaks. So it has to be a draw, doesn't it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 14 2006,20:19)]Attendance: 10,100

Score: Southend 1 Sunderland 1

In what is a very tight game, Southend take the lead through Freddy Eastwood in the first half, before Sunderland equalise not long after the start of the second. A tight game with neither team prepared to bullet forward in case of being caught at the back.
Sounds rubbish. Might do some gardening instead.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ Aug. 14 2006,13:40)]I reckon 3.1 to the mighty Shrimpers

Sunderland WILL be really up for this one, and will be
A very hard battle in opening 30 mins or so, they will be under so much pressure to beat little Southend United.....

I’m 100 percent sure if we score 1st they will start to Bottle it
And just maybe drop their heads.....

Crowd 10,500 ... I reckon Sunderland will not sell all their 2,000 allocation... People say big club ? I’m not so sure ?
Sunderland are not much bigger than Forest for example

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
Do I win a Prize
rock.gif

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
smile.gif

Back