• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pickledseal

cowboy
Expecting a fair bit of banter with this.... however, here goes!

As many of you know, I work in Chelmsford (a Shrimper in minor-exile!). My school is in the north part of town Melbourne/Broomfield kind of area. The missus moved in last year and things are all going well.

She desperately wanted to be a teacher too, although primary, and is now on a PGCE course based in Ipswich from September.

As such, we are moving away from Great Waltham (Chelmsford) and heading further up the A12 (our house there with another couple is also getting a little 'too' cozy...)

Colchester looks like the ideal location, even if it is a little inbred and full of scummers! At least they've got the football ground out of the place...

Was wondering for suggestions/advice on places to live? I don't really know the town that well.

Missus will prob have to get train to work, and I'll be driving back down the A12 each day.

Looking for a 2 bed place, about £500-ish if anyone hears of anything!

Any help or advice gratefully recieved, any banter expected! ;)

Expecting a fair bit of banter with this.... however, here goes!

As many of you know, I work in Chelmsford (a Shrimper in minor-exile!). My school is in the north part of town Melbourne/Broomfield kind of area. The missus moved in last year and things are all going well.

She desperately wanted to be a teacher too, although primary, and is now on a PGCE course based in Ipswich from September.

As such, we are moving away from Great Waltham (Chelmsford) and heading further up the A12 (our house there with another couple is also getting a little 'too' cozy...)

Colchester looks like the ideal location, even if it is a little inbred and full of scummers! At least they've got the football ground out of the place...

Was wondering for suggestions/advice on places to live? I don't really know the town that well.

Missus will prob have to get train to work, and I'll be driving back down the A12 each day.

Looking for a 2 bed place, about £500-ish if anyone hears of anything!

Any help or advice gratefully recieved, any banter expected! ;)

vacant now, would probably fit right into your budget

http://tinyurl.com/d7vshm

Good luck Andy, I know a few people up in Colchester and although their team is ****, it isn't the worst place in the world to live (just watch out for friday nights when the squaddies are in town!)

Good luck Andy, I know a few people up in Colchester and although their team is ****, it isn't the worst place in the world to live (just watch out for friday nights when the squaddies are in town!)

Cheers mate, I've heard such things.... there are pubs to go to and pubs to avoid it seems!

Got a nice place in Lexden just off Straight Road.... moving in on Friday 17th

If anyone has any cheap/free furniture on the go I may be interested.... first 'unfurnished' flat is a little daunting!

Got a nice place in Lexden just off Straight Road.... moving in on Friday 17th

If anyone has any cheap/free furniture on the go I may be interested.... first 'unfurnished' flat is a little daunting!

Shrimperzone House Warming! We can trash Layer Rd Mk II afterwards, that endear you to the neighbours :D

Shrimperzone House Warming! We can trash Layer Rd Mk II afterwards, that endear you to the neighbours :D

:D Just make sure you bring a chair!

When we were looking at places from letting agents, lots of places kept coming up with 'Layer Road' in their address. I point blank refused to even look at them...

I think I need to dig out of the of the big LDV flags I had a few years back to cermonously hang out the window!

Back