• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CaptainKT

Brilliant job boys...................roll on Man U at Roots Hall next round!:Worthy:

Quality result that, really is. I said before the game that a loss here wouldn't be the end of the world as Chesterfield are a top side at this level and that a win would be a marker point that we could really do something this season. The 10 man bundle on Hurst for the third says it all.

The amazing thing is that we've got Leonard and Eastwood to come back in. Hope Kiernan is ok though.

Quality result that, really is. I said before the game that a loss here wouldn't be the end of the world as Chesterfield are a top side at this level and that a win would be a marker point that we could really do something this season. The 10 man bundle on Hurst for the third says it all.

The amazing thing is that we've got Leonard and Eastwood to come back in. Hope Kiernan is ok though.

I think the 10 man bundle on Hurst was to stop him jumping into the crowd!

A joy to watch today
433 not negative when both Straker & Hurst are proving to have real goal quality
Strakers goal at the far end was a back post header such that I thought it was Corr
Hurst's finish set by Straker that a proven goal scorer
3 in no way flattered us

UTB

The team are at Chesterfield station, Bentley wants Man City in the next round.
That's so he can replace Joe Hart next year. The lowest ranked team left in the competition at home please. Failing that Arsenal or West Ham away.

That's so he can replace Joe Hart next year. The lowest ranked team left in the competition at home please. Failing that Arsenal or West Ham away.

At the moment the lowest ranked team is Macclesfield Town it could be Tamworth if they beat Bristol City tomorrow.

I would be happy with Macclesfield at home (or even away - fond memories of McCormack winner years ago) and then someone like Arse_nal at home (or away). Mind you I haven't been to that new Man City ground yet .........

Got to say that full credit must go to PB. I will admit that I like many was dubious what he could bring to the club as Manager. To date, how wrong I was. Not only do we play some excellent football, we score plenty of goals and look very solid at the back. As many have said, the team spirit is the best we have seen for years and as a small squad the togetherness is key. If, and it's a big if we can continue in this vain then surely we will be playing in league 1 next season. As for the cup, a big team away would be great, firstly the players and fans deserve the day out and more importantly the revenue really would be priceless at the moment. Well done to all those attached to the club.

I watched Manure losing again at Old Trafford this lunch-time and playing there would be the best draw,to extend our 100% record in front of 70,000 I won't call them fans cos most of them aren't but I think we'd be entitled to at least 7 or 8,000 tickets.

Got to say that full credit must go to PB. I will admit that I like many was dubious what he could bring to the club as Manager. To date, how wrong I was. Not only do we play some excellent football, we score plenty of goals and look very solid at the back. As many have said, the team spirit is the best we have seen for years and as a small squad the togetherness is key. If, and it's a big if we can continue in this vain then surely we will be playing in league 1 next season. As for the cup, a big team away would be great, firstly the players and fans deserve the day out and more importantly the revenue really would be priceless at the moment. Well done to all those attached to the club.

I have to echo these sentiments. Was very dubious of 'look at me' Brown but he has installed something Sturrock couldn't, a closeness, a togetherness. It's paying dividends at the moment

I watched Manure losing again at Old Trafford this lunch-time and playing there would be the best draw,to extend our 100% record in front of 70,000 I won't call them fans cos most of them aren't but I think we'd be entitled to at least 7 or 8,000 tickets.

Bit harsh. It's the ones who sit on their sofa who have never been to Manchester who I wouldn't consider fans, not those that go to as many games as possible.

The draw will be broadcast live on ITV1 at 4:10pm on Sunday 8th December and the Shrimpers have been allocated ball number 52.

Third Round ties will be played on the weekend of 4th/5th January 2014.

DRAW NUMBERS: FA CUP 3RD ROUND 2014
1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH
2 ARSENAL FC
3 ASTON VILLA FC
4 BARNSLEY FC
5 BIRMINGHAM CITY FC
6 BLACKBURN ROVERS FC
7 BLACKPOOL FC
8 BOLTON WANDERERS FC
9 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC
10 BURNLEY FC
11 CARDIFF CITY FC