• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue79

Banned
Why am I being negative.

I believe if we hold onto our existing players along with several additions we might just find ourselves back in the Championship inside 3 years.

But its a 3 year plan.#
And the contracts of Kane and Hall expire in 18 months so they'll only be here halfway through the job.

Which is why in the best interests of our success and ambition we try as soon as possible to tie them down for longer.

Otherwise we risk losing them which'll mean we'll need to find more key players which may see our early success stumble.

They will have their admirers and I believe they will prove to be good players in the higher echelons.

in the first part of what I say here, how is that being negative?

Its precisely a settled squad that we need to giove us the best chance of sustaining success. but it has to be beyond 18 months. It's obviously impossible to reach the 2nd tier in that time.

In addition Barker and Mohsni will be vital ingredients in that 3 year plan but their deals are up this season. So as I say offers of extended terms need to be the order of the day soon. In the case of these two very soon.

We sar Gower and Clarke go for nothing and then saw Barnard cashed in.

So the Bosman ruling is important.

And it will be frustrating on our part if Hall and Kane leave halfway through the rebuilding job.

Which is why I'm saying the Club needs to give itself as long as possible in order to try and get them to committ to at least that 3 year period.

It's basically protecting the interests of our success and ambition.

How is that being negative? You always need an eye on these issues. An area you can't get distracted by getting too caught up in too much euphoria of on pitch success.

Its not negativity to ask will the club risk letting these players wind down their contracts to nothing or cash in on them sooner to get a little money in for them. Its more of a connundrum for Ron and Tara.

As I said at the top of my previous posting on this thread if can keep the nucleas of the present squad with one or two additions along the way then I think we'll do very well in the next 3 years.

But further extentions need to be signed.

How is that negative?

maybe so But I don't know him so haven't got his number. Although maybe I could have Personal messaged him.

But that aside What is there to dispute what I said anyway. What I said is to protect the Club's assets for the next few years to sustain success.

Why is this in a new thread? If you want to discuss an issue with another poster use the PM function. If you want to debate comments made in a thread, use that thread.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back