• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MTBD Sunday 15th August

Dear All,

Think this deserves a thread and can't see one elsewhere so here goes.

The club announced it earlier this week, website link here: MTBD

It is at least a day that we can all be at and look forward to the season ahead with some rose-tinted optimism, and especially if the sun shines can be good fun and a great chance to catch up with folk over a beer

The Shrimpers Trust will be there in force as usual and, for the first time, SUEPA, part of the Trust, will be present too.

SUEPA will be running a 'keepy uppy' competition for a unique prize (more info on that nearer the time) plus are hoping to have available for sale a rather unique print we are sure you will love. There will then be a catwalk of the eight Trust Retro shirts (the Wembley 2015 one was launched yesterday - link: Retro ) and we will be announcing two new ones on the day.

SUEPA will also have visitors from our 319 (and growing) strong squad popping along during the day - in addition to those named by the club on the website (Tilly, Glenn Pennyfather, Ronnie P, Paul Clark, Danny Greaves and Spud) we hope to have many more coming along to help with the competition, sign autographs etc and I'm in the process of contacting folk over the next few days - Scott Forbes and Barry Silkman have already confirmed that they will be there to name but two.

So please do come along to the Trust tent and say hello during the day, they'll be plenty going on and would be great to catch up and put faces to names

Will update on this thread in the run up any other news re the day from a SUEPA perspective but please do add your own comments/questions re anything to do with the event

Two more coming along - the one and only Derek Spence (aged 70 next birthday) will roll back the years and take part in the walking football match, and Keith Mercer (not playing as still in recovery from a stroke before Xmas) will be there too.

This will now be your chance to once again chant "Derek Spence is an international"

And just in case you weren't aware, you can also meet the current Blues players!
I am guessing there will be controls on this, given it is six days before the start of the season and COVID is still rife.

I am guessing there will be controls on this, given it is six days before the start of the season and COVID is still rife.
That should be the case @Jai, but after Friday night I'm not holding my breath I'm afraid.

That should be the case @Jai, but after Friday night I'm not holding my breath I'm afraid.
Different story when it comes to the players to be fair. I don't think they'll allow fans to meet them face to face.

Time for a thinly disguised thread bump.

So far in addition to the former players announced by the club we've also managed to get Andy Dixon, Derek Spence, Scott Forbes and Luke Morrish to be at the event and participate in the walking football.

All, and the seven announced by the club, will be popping along to the SUEPA stall at some point in the day.

Further, not taking part in the football but who will be there we've got Barry Silkman, Keith Mercer, Tony Hadley and Shane Westley coming along.

As noted on the Retro Shirts thread we are launching two new shirts on the day. In front of the Trust marquee at 1.00 pm we will have a 'catwalk' of eight SUEPA models wearing a shirt from the Trust Retro range. The SUEPA models will be a mix of former players and fans, the former players taking part in this being Derek Spence (complete with hair piece for a real retro-look), Ron Pountney and Shane Westley. The one female SUEPA member, Amy Rogers (our former physio) will also be taking part in this.

More updates and news on this to follow as the day gets closer

Cheers

Time for a thinly disguised thread bump.

So far in addition to the former players announced by the club we've also managed to get Andy Dixon, Derek Spence, Scott Forbes and Luke Morrish to be at the event and participate in the walking football.

All, and the seven announced by the club, will be popping along to the SUEPA stall at some point in the day.

Further, not taking part in the football but who will be there we've got Barry Silkman, Keith Mercer, Tony Hadley and Shane Westley coming along.

As noted on the Retro Shirts thread we are launching two new shirts on the day. In front of the Trust marquee at 1.00 pm we will have a 'catwalk' of eight SUEPA models wearing a shirt from the Trust Retro range. The SUEPA models will be a mix of former players and fans, the former players taking part in this being Derek Spence (complete with hair piece for a real retro-look), Ron Pountney and Shane Westley. The one female SUEPA member, Amy Rogers (our former physio) will also be taking part in this.

More updates and news on this to follow as the day gets closer

Cheers
I don't suppose you've got any news on the MTBD events apart from SUEPA have you @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset?

Can’t top the year our very own ShrimperZone F.C. played at MTBD :Thumbs up:I had Tilly in my back pocket I’m telling ya. Ok I tackled him once and blocked a cross but don’t let details get in the way!

Still going strong out here playing in an over 45s league. Last game of the season next Saturday unless we win. Played Saturday just gone and as usual spend the next couple of days nursing joints and hobbling around on my daily walks. I love the game too much to stop playing it. Full back usually these days and no-one will be surprised to learn 9 years no goals!

Back