• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74

Sad but having read about his health issues of late no real suprise. He talked the talk but unlike some other sportsmen he had the ability to back to up as like he said he was the greatest. RIP

Arguably THE greatest sporting legend of all time IMHO. Happy to be able to say I met him - one to tell the grandchildren some day. RIP.

One of my favourite all time quotes from Ali on the Parkinson show:

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologise."

The closest to Superman the world has ever seen .:sad:

Not many 'celeb' deaths get to me but today waking up to read the passing of one of my favourite sporting legends has got to me. One of boxings most loved and best characters a true legend of the sport will be missed. RIP Muhammad Ali!

A great man, paricularly once he became himself, away from the early days with the team. The Vietnam and human rights stances in paricular.

I have always wondered what would have happened if Dundee hadn't got him that couple of minutes extra recovery when Henry had him reeling .

A great man, paricularly once he became himself, away from the early days with the team. The Vietnam and human rights stances in paricular.

I have always wondered what would have happened if Dundee hadn't got him that couple of minutes extra recovery when Henry had him reeling .
Maybe Henry would have got a shot at 'The Bear' instead?

My favorite quote from him was ' I'm so fast I can turn the lamp out in my hotel and be in bed before the rooms dark'

Unconventional but absolutely heroic. > [video=youtube;nXeIoHQahbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXeIoHQahbQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;vjK3gZxjscM]https://youtu.be/vjK3gZxjscM[/video]

Back