• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

graysblue

Banned
canvershrimper suggested a different thread on this topic so here it is.

can we have reasonable responses ie NO racist lingo.

personally,

i think the sheer numbers who have come to these shores is frankly appalling.

the infrastructure of this country cannot support the vast amounts who wish to live here ie schools,hospitals,prisons ect ect.

the thing i find interesting is how can persons claim "if they remain in their own country they are in danger" suddenly pass through different sunny countries just to get here,its not very logical is it?

It's not a bad thing if they bring skills and an admirable work ethic. Otherwise they can **** off back to where they come from (and thats not racist, it's lazyist).

And also graysblue, having seen your other post I have to disagree - if a pakistani is the right man for the job, let him be prime minister . But - if he is a terrorist, or supports terrorists, he again can again **** off with the work shy.

No, it isn't GB, and we will continue to be the dumping ground for the rest of the world until we can get a grip on our ridiculous benefits system and immigration policy. I've stated many times before that I have absolutely no problem with people who genuinely want to move here to contribute to the country, those willing to integrate into our culture and lifestyle or work for their own advancement through education, but I refuse to believe that we should accept the vast number of asylum seekers that seem to be here purely to bleed us dry. I don't even have issue with cultures who wish to make public displays of their religious beliefs, as long as it is not contrary to the laws of our land.

Anyone wanting to live in the UK must be able to accept our laws, and if they break them or can't accept them then they should be refused entry or deported, simple as. That oik who killed Phillip Lawrence should have been sent packing rather than being able to claim a breach of his human rights - and that's the biggest bug bear, as long as there are do gooders who believe those with ethnic, minority or impoverished backgrounds have more right to "human rights" than the rest of us, then the country is heading down the plug hole.

It's not a bad thing if they bring skills and an admirable work ethic. Otherwise they can **** off back to where they come from (and thats not racist, it's lazyist).

i agree to a certain extent,however skilled eastern bloc workers have flooded this country and undermining british workers pay levels,which in turn means lower revenues.

the brickie i know was earning £200 per day approx 3 years ago,today if he can actually find work he will be on £80/90 per day in line with what the eastern lads earn.

And also graysblue, having seen your other post I have to disagree - if a pakistani is the right man for the job, let him be prime minister . But - if he is a terrorist, or supports terrorists, he again can again **** off with the work shy.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you here Carl....

This is an age old argument that surfaces every so often on this threads. Britain has always been a haven for immigration - the Hugenots in the 18th/19th century, the Jews of Brick Lane, the West Indian and Asians in the 1950's etc etc.....

Quite simply without immigration this country would go under. The NHS relies on doctors and nurses from abroad as does most of our unskilled labour.

Immigration is one of the reasons we should celebrate - we have the best music in the world, and that's down to black influence. The best food in the world - curry houses. Some of the best sports men and women....

Instead of finding out what separates, why not relish in the things that bring us together?

Last edited:
No, it isn't GB, and we will continue to be the dumping ground for the rest of the world until we can get a grip on our ridiculous benefits system and immigration policy. I've stated many times before that I have absolutely no problem with people who genuinely want to move here to contribute to the country, those willing to integrate into our culture and lifestyle or work for their own advancement through education, but I refuse to believe that we should accept the vast number of asylum seekers that seem to be here purely to bleed us dry. I don't even have issue with cultures who wish to make public displays of their religious beliefs, as long as it is not contrary to the laws of our land.

Anyone wanting to live in the UK must be able to accept our laws, and if they break them or can't accept them then they should be refused entry or deported, simple as. That oik who killed Phillip Lawrence should have been sent packing rather than being able to claim a breach of his human rights - and that's the biggest bug bear, as long as there are do gooders who believe those with ethnic, minority or impoverished backgrounds have more right to "human rights" than the rest of us, then the country is heading down the plug hole.

agreed 100%

Paul, don't you mean "without immigration"?

Any job should always be awarded on merit regardless of gender, race, religion or anything else.

lets be honest,

it appears the job market is loaded in the favour of immigrants.

guy i know applied to work in the tesco warehouse,this lad had a decent work record ect yet never got te job

incredibly a few weeks later it was discovered this warehouse had 51 illegal persons in their employ.

Isn't it a bit rich for us to moan about too many Indians/Bangladeshis/West Indians/etc coming over to the UK given what we did to those countries in the 18th/19th/20th centuries?

Isn't it a bit rich for us to moan about too many Indians/Bangladeshis/West Indians/etc coming over to the UK given what we did to those countries in the 18th/19th/20th centuries?

Depends on what you mean in "what we did". It's a bit like Life of Brian and What have the Romans done for us?

I've always firmly believed that the British Empire was largely a force for good. There were definitely lots of wrongs but I think these were far outweighed by the rights.

Sorry James, had to laugh at this alongside the avatar picture of Private Godfrey!

i agree to a certain extent,however skilled eastern bloc workers have flooded this country and undermining british workers pay levels,which in turn means lower revenues.

the brickie i know was earning £200 per day approx 3 years ago,today if he can actually find work he will be on £80/90 per day in line with what the eastern lads earn.
Market rates unfortunately.

Do you honestly think that an full time brickie should be earning £50k (assuming 4 days work a week and 2 weeks break)?

The £80 - 90 seems far more reasonable to me to be honest

Market rates unfortunately.

Do you honestly think that an full time brickie should be earning £50k (assuming 4 days work a week and 2 weeks break)?

The £80 - 90 seems far more reasonable to me to be honest

if you ever have trademan in your home,ask them if they earn £80 per day.plumbers,brickies,plasterers ect would not get out of bed for that type of pay.

Depends on what you mean in "what we did". It's a bit like Life of Brian and What have the Romans done for us?

I've always firmly believed that the British Empire was largely a force for good. There were definitely lots of wrongs but I think these were far outweighed by the rights.

Oh I wasn't suggesting it was necessarily a bad thing. But by colonising those countries, we made Britain a desirable option for immigrants due to cultural and linguistic ties. On balance, both sides reaped the benefit of 'us' going to 'them', now the boot is on the other foot and quite right too.

Sorry James, had to laugh at this alongside the avatar picture of Private Godfrey!

Although it is of course Private Fraser....we're doomed!

(I've probably set myself up for Cricko to change my user title after yesterday's 'Groover with the Hoover' incident)

Although it is of course Private Fraser....we're doomed!

(I've probably set myself up for Cricko to change my user title after yesterday's 'Groover with the Hoover' incident)

Of course it is, I even said that in my head as I was typing but for some reason typed the wrong name! :doh: Fingers working faster than the brain - doesn't bode well!

Oh I wasn't suggesting it was necessarily a bad thing. But by colonising those countries, we made Britain a desirable option for immigrants due to cultural and linguistic ties. On balance, both sides reaped the benefit of 'us' going to 'them', now the boot is on the other foot and quite right too.

Indeed that is true, part of the reason that we are reaped the whirlwind of immigrants from Commonwealth countries is that on independence most citizens were given the option of having a British Passport.

The immigrants of the Empire Windrush generation just after WW2 were bought here to take up jobs that much of the indigenous population want to take up.

Most recent immigration has IMO been on the basis of economic migration as opposed to political or genuine humane expediency.

Back