• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Multi-pack Crisps - What's Your Flava - Tell Me....

Choose 5 Favourite Crisps for your Fantasy Multipack

• Total voters

A Century United

Firewalking for HD
I have yet to come across a multi-pack of mixed flavour crisps that didn't contain at least one flavour that no-one in the family will eat. Here it's Roast Chicken - I have to sneak them into the family by crushing them and using them to top Macaroni- or Cauliflower-Cheese.

If you could pre-select Five flavours of crisps (and only crisps for this poll) which Five Flavours would you choose?

Pick your Five and only Five from the Poll options.

Any flavours not in the poll post below, but I want proof that they are real available crisps, not some warped fantasy. DTS does the warped fantasy polls.

Scampi and lemon is an obvious omission or are we not allowed maize snacks such as Nik Naks and Monster Munch?

Kettle Crisps are the best. Sea Salt and Crushed Black Pepper Corns= Yum!

Hand/Kettle prerpared crisps are excellent, but opens the range too far. I'm just listing the sort of crisps that Walkers or Tesco, for instance, would include in a standard multi-pack.

Should Ready Salted really be Already Salted? I've never got their name.

It started because originally crisps came with the little blue twist of salt so you could add your own, but then some manufacturers started to add the salt in the factory.

It's the difference between conveying "These crisps come Already covered in salt" and "These crisps come Ready to eat from the bag because they are pre-salted, unlike the inferior offerings from Smith's."

Last edited:
Originally crisps were sold by hand and the vendors supplied salt shakers for customers to season theircrisps with.

These used to regularly go missing and the problem was solved by introducing wraps of salt.

My options:

Steak and Onion
Pickled Onion
Roast Beef
Marmite
Worcester Sauce

With the Nik Naks theme I would possibly bring in the 'Nice N Spicy' flavour. I also like Flamin Hot Monster Munch and Flame Grilled Steak Mccoys but given we have a steak and onion option I will pick that.

Flavour is very important but I have to say that texture of crisp comes next!

So at the moment the top five options are:

Cheese and Onion
Salt and Vinegar
Smokey Bacon
Prawn Cocktail
Ready Salted

What an uninspiring selection. I always thought that the Crisp manufacturers were deliberately putting one dodgy flavour in every selection, but judging by this, they are catering for the majority...

Back