• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Munich air crash

yes must have been absolutley awful, I hope this and im sure it will be, will be taken as seriously as possible. I Know many of you hate United I infact admire them, and it just shows the charecter of such a huge club to bounce back from such a disater

Big club for sure Cockles, but that crash is what made United into the biggest club in the country, all over the country. Sure they were already a big football club, but the public outpouring of emotion and sympathy lead to lots of neutrals choosing to support United up and down the country.

You will hear some a minority of moronic City fans during the minutes silence - I would be very surprised if anything else happened. City fans on their away days refer to the local area as "a town full of Munichs" in a joking way, but I just can't see 100% of them behaving on Sunday.

I hardly ever hear mention of the 1948? air crash which completely wiped out the dominant Torino team of the mid to late-40's in Italy. A side, it is oft-quoted, who were probably the best in the world at that time, and had arguably much better players than Man U had at the time of the Munich aircrash.

True, that was a truly great team. They'd won 5 straight Serie A titles and their team had provided 10 of the players for the national team. Remember, Italy were at that time World and Olympic Champions.

I hadn't really heard of them and quite how special they were, until I visited Turin last year. In Italy that team is considered possibly the greatest of all time. A tragic loss.

Its captain, the legendary Valentino Mazzola, was the father of Sandro Mazzola, the star of La Grande Inter, another of the great Italian sides, which perfected catennacio.

Back