• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Murray loses in Miami

samib

Danii Minogue
The young Scot got knocked out to a bloody Croatian!!! He lost to Mario Ancic and crashed out 6-2 2-6 7-6. Had 2 match points but obviously didn't take them...

Another Tim Henman?

I don't think the 2 can be compared for at least another 5 years yet. Tim Henman was a bottler imo and at the moment Murray isn't good enough but given time, he may well be.

A disappointing defeat that as he got to the semis of this tournament last year so loses a stack of ranking points. I think he's fairly certain to drop out of the world top 20 now.

A disappointing defeat that as he got to the semis of this tournament last year so loses a stack of ranking points. I think he's fairly certain to drop out of the world top 20 now.

...whilst on the plus-side he barely played any tennis between April and September last year, so is almost guaranteed to return to the top ten providing he a) stays fit and b) returns to his early-season levels of consistency when it comes to the clay-court Masters Series events and the French Open and Wimbledon.

Perhaps more worrying than the result today was the manner in which he reacted - throwing a tantrum is something that he has openly admitted he has to cut out of his game as it is counter-active to being successful, but at the moment he is failing to heed his own advice. That said, it reminds me of a section of John McEnroe's excellent autobiography, whereby he says that he believed (at least some of the time) that throwing a strop could help him, and only realised too late to cut it out of his game - you can obviously be successful even if you behave like an obnoxious teenager.

...whilst on the plus-side he barely played any tennis between April and September last year, so is almost guaranteed to return to the top ten providing he a) stays fit and b) returns to his early-season levels of consistency when it comes to the clay-court Masters Series events and the French Open and Wimbledon.

Very true, although being out of the top 16 could mean meeting some very dangerous players during the early rounds of these upcoming tournaments.

He'll be fine in the long run though, no doubt the bloke has some serious talent.

You would stand up for him:finger:

Of course I would, he is Britains best chance of a tournament winner. I can't think of any other Brit out there at the moment that is close to him at the moment

Of course I would, he is Britains best chance of a tournament winner. I can't think of any other Brit out there at the moment that is close to him at the moment

Oh, so when he loses he's a "Brit" but i bet when he wins he is a Scot?:sherlock:

Back